Chapter 7: Knock On Wood

As George predicted, a few days later, Ron got a letter from Molly, but not just any letter.

"Look everyone, Ron's got himself a Howler," pointed Seamus, making everyone turn to him.

"You should open it, I ignored one from my grandmother once. It was horrible," stated Neville, staring blankly at the ground. Ron opened it with shaky hands, and Molly's screaming voice flew out of the letter.

"Ronald Weasley! How dare you steal that car? I am absolutely disgusted! Your father's facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line, we'll send you straight home!" the letter turns to Ginny, "Oh and Ginny dear, congratulations of making into Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud."

It blows at Ron's face and tears itself to shreds, leaving everyone stunned.

_

Sarah was waiting for the Quidditch team to exit, still honoring the tradition of waking up at the same time as them and doing her reading on the benches, she'd become a passive member of the team at this point, the team-members always expecting her to show up in the morning.

Fred and George weren't exactly 'morning people'. They were looking better than a half-hour ago, but Wood had taken forever to give them the strategy before the training. Ron and Hermione had joined her in her waiting and when they saw the Gryffindor team approach, they also saw the Slytherin one.

"Uh, oh," said Sarah, eyeing the green and the red, ready to collide.

"I smell trouble," said Ron and they got up to meet them.

"What's going on?" asked Sarah, and Wood showed her the letter he was holding.

"Professor Snape hand wrote a letter to give them permission to train, instead of us. You got a new Seeker, who is it?" asked Wood, annoyed.

The Slytherin players pushed aside, making way for the white-haired tosser, also known as Malfoy. Sarah let out an exasperated breath.

"Malfoy? Are you joking?" asked Harry, the rest of the team nodded, as if it was some pride.

"That's right, and that's not all that's new this year," said Malfoy, showing off his broom. Sarah looked down at it. Brand new, black and slick, with the silver 2001 at the top.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" exclaimed Ron.

"A gift from Draco's father," said Flint, the Captain of the Slytherin team. 

Sarah scoffed loudly, and turned to the Gryffindor team, "They've taken a bribe and don't even try to hide it," she looks at Malfoy, "Couldn't get on the team on your own, could you?"

Malfoy glared at her, and the Gryffindor team chuckled behind her. Fred and Oliver glanced at her, and smiled. "You don't know what you're talking about, McCauley," spat Malfoy, saying her name as if it were an insult.

She simply rolled her eyes at him, unintentionally catching Oliver and Fred looking at her. She quickly eyed them, questioning them silently but they just looked away at the Slytherin team again.

Malfoy turned to Ron, "You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best."

Sarah tried to control the urge to hex him right then, and Hermione looked at him determined, "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent."

Malfoy stared at her, hateful glare and approached slowly, "No on asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," and as soon as he said it, everyone let out a shocked gasp.