Chapter 60: Farewell

In the second week of June, Sarah walked towards Tonks who was looking in the mirror at her dress. Her hair was a slight shade of pink, she was nervous and happy by the looks of it.

"You look beautiful, you ready?" said Sarah, handing her her bouquet of flowers.

Tonks nodded and beamed at her, "I'm so glad to be here, you and Remus are simply the greatest."

Sarah let out a soft whimper and hugged her tightly, "We can't cry, we'll ruin our make up."

"Oh, damned be it, you can always put on some more," Tonks laughed and let out some small tears through her chuckles.

Molly walked in too and gasped in absolute delight at Tonks' dress. She joined their embrace and gently dabbed their cheeks before walking out.

It had been a beautiful ceremony. Quiet and small, just like the both of them had decided. Remus asked Fred to be his best man, walked around the Burrow and the shop for weeks stating he is in fact "the BEST", so proud to have Sarah's father figure ask this of him.

Selena and George were also there, Molly, Arthur, Bill and Fleur, and that was about it. Sarah walked in just before Tonks, joining Fred and Remus who were standing in three piece tuxedos. Remus' was white with an elegant silver lining. They were in the backyard at the cottage under a beautiful flower arcade, Remus and Tonks holding hands after she gave the bouquet back to Sarah to hold.

They exchanged vows, made everyone tear up at this stripped down moment under blossomed flowers and a gentle breeze carrying their scent around. A simple acknowledgment of love. What so many dream about.

Sarah locked eyes with Fred multiple times during the ceremony, neither couldn't help the happiness splashing across their faces. He did of course wink teasingly just to see her shake her head and roll her eyes subtly.

After congratulating them, Sarah went up to grab a vase for the flowers when someone yanked on her arm and she ended up in a split second with her back against a wall, eyes closed and smiling into Fred's kiss.

It was a longing kiss, the kind you melt into, the kind that makes you forget where you are.

They pulled away dizzily, Fred smiled against her lips, the hand on the side of her face brushing over her jaw, "Couldn't quite do that downstairs. Remus would have fired me as best man."

Sarah laughed, fixed his bow tie, "The ceremony's over, he can't fire you from that function."

"But I intend of keeping it that way, I need to stay in his good graces," said Fred, pecked her lips and cheek.

"That's a first," she giggled, reached up to press a kiss on his jaw, "I need to grab a vase for Tonks' bouquet."

She walked towards an old piece of furniture where Remus kept the most random things, among which, vases.

"So," said Fred wandering around the room and observing every corner, "This is your room."

"Yes, well, my childhood room. My current room, you're actually quite familiar with it, Weasley," said Sarah with a lush side-eye before taking the vase she was looking for from the cupboard.

"McCauley!" Fred gasped dramatically, couldn't help a wide smile afterwards.

"Ha!" she snickered teasingly, then held up the vase, "Got it."

Fred was looking at a calendar pinned next to her desk, she'd put it there back in her fifth year, forgot to take it down ever since.

"You marked the day we were coming back from Egypt," he observed fondly.