Chapter 16: Terms

Everything seemed to unroll kind of perfectly for Sarah during the next couple months, she had to find some kind of balance for her studying, too, the OWLs were approaching, Oliver's NEWTs, too.

Oliver was incredibly sweet, he would pick Sarah up and fly out to the lake again whenever they took a break from studying and Quidditch training. The Gryffindor team had won the match against Slytherin, thus the Inter-House Quidditch cup, Oliver's goal this year.

The Gryffindors all cheered so loudly, and Oliver had been so riled up, that he flew up to the benches and kissed Sarah in front of the entire school, getting another row of cheers and applause for that.

They'd become the couple people would turn around to follow when they passed the hallway, because ruthless captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team was happily dating. Hearts broke around the Hogwarts walls, as much girls as boys, because apparently Wood wasn't the only one pining over Sarah McCauley, or so Lee would say. He had a tendency of using dramatic wording.

"I'm telling you, Roger still hasn't recovered," said Lee gathering up his notebooks and quill, "Caught him staring at you a few times before when you answered to Flitwick."

"Oh, will you shut up already?" scowled Sarah, playfully shoving his shoulder.

"I saw it too, if you don't believe Lee," teased George, ruffling her hair.

She rolled her eyes disbelievingly, and turned the corner to exit Charms class, feeling someone pick her up, and she let out a screech, then she saw Oliver, wiggled out of his grasp.

"I could have hurt you," she warned, poking his chest so he'd back away.

"Hello to you, too," he grinned, pressing a kiss atop her head.

"Aren't you sweet? Don't be gross, please," said George, pointing his index at the both of them.

"Is that so?" Oliver smirked, wrapped his arms around Sarah and leaned her back, very clearly about to kiss her when she stopped his face from leaning forward, "I have class, and you can be certain that if Flitwick catches you, you'll have to say goodbye to your perfect record."

Oliver chuckled and helped her back up, her friends grinning at the sight of them. Fred walked out of the class then, joining George's side and made a rather long eye contact with Oliver, something about it made Oliver bring Sarah closer, "Come on, I'll walk you to class." He took the books she was carrying and the whole group started walking, letting Sarah and Oliver linger behind.

"I have a question," said Oliver on their way to the Astronomy tower, Sarah's last class of the day, he had finished his already. "And I mean it with utmost honesty and genuinely, should I be worried about Fred?"

If she'd had a mouthful of water, she would have spat it out in surprise, "What?"

"I'm getting this," he raised his shoulders, trying to find the right words, "Overly protective vibe?"

"Well-" she lingered, not really knowing how to put into fewer words that although she felt the urge to kill Fred and George twice a day, there was some unspoken agreement between the three that they were a priority to each other.

"So I'm not wrong?" he asked cautiously.

"I don't know, Oliver, I'm not going to tell you whatever you're feeling is wrong, but from where I'm standing, he cares, but he also likes to mess with people," reasoned Sarah coolly.

"Yeah, I suppose it's a sort of brotherly feeling, right?" he pulled her closer to his side again, like he did before when Fred showed up, and Sarah had a quiet thought that Oliver was not as casual about it as he let on.