Chapter 67: Come Back

They'd stayed intertwined for a long time, so long in fact that people grew impatient next door and although they tried to empathize, they were too wired up, they needed to see her, to make sure she was fine.

"I know she's your girlfriend, but she's also my best friend, can I hug her too, please?" commented Selena, walking in with Hermione, Ron and Harry behind her. George had lingered, he had told them to give them as much time as they need, in his own mind wondering how he would have managed if it was Selena taken instead of Sarah, and he didn't like the thought. And even though Selena knew how Fred had coped these weeks while being at the flat, she didn't know how joyless and worried he was around the shop, a sight of him much more unsettling than being plopped on the couch, a sight George would have given anything to erase.

"You're lucky you're George's girlfriend and I can't be mean to you, Selena," warned Fred, speaking without sparing anyone a glance, still holding Sarah in his arms.

"I know, sometimes I try to annoy you just to see how far you'll go. You're a good bloke, though, I'll give you that," she smiled softly and it also made Sarah smile. She leaned her head back to stand on her toes so she could meet Fred's line of sight, sort ot. "Good bloke, huh?" she raised an obviously unconvinced brow.

"You can blame yourself," he grinned at her.

"So it's all my fault, then?" she asked teasingly, looking straight into his eyes and it sort of took his breath away. He simply nodded with a sweet smile on his face, that lovestruck smile that comes up when he looks at her. Fred just knew George was smirking at him and Sarah and thinking, 'There it is again. The McCauley beam'. Fred just knew it, and he was right. George was thinking that exactly.

"I'll take on the blame then," she said and cupped the side of his face gently while she kissed his cheek, pulled away with a frown on her face, brushed her fingertips over her now sensitive lip.

"Not fancying the look, huh?" asked Fred, bringing a hand up over his face and ran his hand over the stubble.

"You can do whatever you want if you like it, although it does take an adjustment."

She brushed her tongue over that slightly scratched spot and dabbed it with her finger. Fred smiled, his heart fluttering inside his chest, "I'll shave, don't worry."

She pecked his lips and tapped his chest before she made her way towards Selena, "Don't squeeze too tight, I think I might have either bruised or broken ribs," she warned before throwing her arms around Selena's neck, and both got blurry-eyed.

"Don't you ever do that to me again," whispered Selena, squeezing on her arm gently and when she saw she didn't wince in pain, she squeezed tighter, "I cannot lose you. We got through NEWT Potions Class, we can survive this," said Selena with a chuckle, making Sarah snort with laughter, emotion filled tears falling down her cheeks.

"You stayed up with me every time I was panicking over school and bullies, you got me through those few weeks before the Yule Ball where I thought I might die, we fought through these two idiots' departure and Umbridge, you aren't allowed to leave me. I love you too much, you matter too much. You're my sister and that's just the end of it. Got it?" Selena's voice had broken just as she breathed out the last part and she twisted her arms around Sarah, letting her tears fall against her hair.

"Got it," whimpered Sarah with a nod, "You're my sister, too."

Harry and George exchanged a glance after Selena let go of Sarah, like they were wondering who'll get to Sarah first, and it was a really amusing sight for Hermione and Ron behind them. George dared to jump first because he could also hug Selena and that way he hugged both of them and Harry shook his head disbelievingly at him.