Chapter 17: A Send Off

"We've got another letter from Charlie, he faced a Hungarian Horntail, it had these enormous spikes all across the head. It gave him another scar, can't wait to hear everything about it," said Fred, walking through the corridor, Sarah had just met up with him and George after she and Selena got out of Arithmancy.

"Oh, you know it has yellow eyes, with vertical pupils like a cat's, bronze horns and those spikes you mentioned are all the way to its tail, making it a dreadful combatant. It's one of the most vicious and aggressive breeds of dragon," blurted Sarah, looking up to meet Fred, George and Selena's stare.

She pursed her lips, aware she did that thing again when she recited whatever she remembered from what she read, "As you were," she muttered awkwardly, looking opposite to them.

Fred smiled softly, continued on about his brother's letter.

"Hey, beautiful," said Oliver, walking up to them.

"Hey." Sarah smiled from his kiss on her cheek then turned to her friends again to listen.

"News from Charlie, how's he doing?" asked Oliver, Fred summed it up with a simple "Wicked," then continued the story.

"It's brilliant," commented Sarah on what Fred was saying about his brother. "I reckon we'll hear all about it next month, possibly won't hear the end of it during the next decade."

"Right," Fred laughed, "Like that's what Charlie needed, another reason to gloat over his wicked job."

"Bill will probably humble him," said George gleefully, he, Fred and Sarah overly joyful to know they'll see them again, talking about past events, George telling Selena about his brothers and with his twin and Sarah, laughing over some of the times they messed with them.

Oliver, Fred and George headed to Quidditch training, while Sarah and Selena made their way to the library, keeping up with their studies for the upcoming OWLs, only a matter of weeks, now, and Sarah was really stressed. She didn't know what the future looked like, what type of career she wanted to pursue, but for that exact reason, she needed to keep her options open, giving it her all to get as many OWLs as possible, in hopes of getting as many NEWTs as possible next year.

It was a stressful time.

She and Selena met up with Alexander, formed a study group and during the couple hours they spent at the library, they flipped flash cards, performed Charms and Spells they needed to know, recited the theory and wrote down the instructions for some of the Potions they'd revised already.

_

Oliver was in the changing rooms, polishing his knee and elbow protections, his friend Jake walked in, accidentally brought down the shelves with, precisely, the other boxes of polish.

"Shit! I'm sorry," Jake quickly dusted off and flicked his wand, putting it all back into place.

Oliver turned calmly and nodded, "It's fine, don't worry about it." He resumed to the care taking of his own uniform.

"Blimey," wondered Jake, "Sarah's got you pretty high up that cloud, does she? Back in February, you would have hexed me for remotely walking in with the wrong foot into this room."

"Piss off, I wouldn't have," reprimanded Oliver. "But I have to admit, life's kind of brighter, yeah."

"She's really cool, we like her. Is Weasley still lurking around, though?" asked Jake, looking at the brooms hung and the plates with the names next to them, "Is it George or Fred? I never remember."

"It's Fred, and yup," said Oliver a bit displeased, "He's still around."

"Don't mind him, mate, he's got nothing over you," Jake reassured him, walking around with his arms crossed, stopping to stare at Fred's plaque.