Chapter 79: Security Breach

"Now."

Remus handed everyone the Floo Powder pot, one by one they stepped inside, spoke clearly their destination and became consumed by green flames.

Selena, Fleur, Bill and George had went before Sarah, Fred right after.

They were all now gathered in McGonagall's office at Hogwarts. Almost all the Floo Powder networks were being surveilled except hers. The perks of being Minerva McGonagall, Sarah found out, was being able to divert away the Minsitry's controls.

They had waited until Shacklebolt had been warned about a Harry Potter sighting. His bonds to the Minsirry still kept him in the loop of everything that happened, which kept the Order informed.

"Miss McCauley," McGonagall jumped up and brought her into her arms, "I heard about what happened in August, thank Godric—"

"I'm okay, thank you, Professor," Sarah lingered for a second more before pulling away. She had missed her dearly but now was not a time for reconnecting.

There were a few other people that arrived into the fireplace, McGonagall had been expecting other allies, apparently. 

The green flames dissipated and a flash of blond hair caught Sarah's eyes. "Alex?" 

Her voice was uncertain, wobbling, she didn't believe it was in fact him until he dusted off the soot from his clothes and turned to them. Suddenly her mind went back to hearing about his father on the radio, the hell he must have been through and he still ended up here with them. She felt her eyes fill with tears before she hurried to hug him, it wasn't a time for reconnecting but she could take a second. He was with a couple more students, old friends that had been Prefects and Head Boy and Head Girl like them. Shacklebolt nodded at them all, giving them acknowledgement and through that, Sarah understood they must have been recent or discreet additions to the Order while she was missing. 

She squeezed Alexander tightly before letting go and let Selena greet him, too, by then McGonagall had opened the door to her office and glanced both ways before facing them again sternly.

"Keep your heads down, I've been summoned along with the entire school in the Great Hall. Don't do anything haste," she warned and gestured for them to follow her.

They kept their steps light, and at McGonagall's instructions, stopped around a corner. They saw the whole Gryffindor house and Slytherin pass them. Sarah caught the red of Ginny's hair, tied up in a high ponytail. She wished she could give her a tight hug, tell her how incredibly brave she is for going back to Hogwarts this year and that she is sorry she hasn't been there for her lately.

She saw Neville, walking with his chin high and back straight, the proud and strong son of Alice and Frank Longbottom, marching towards battle bravely. There was something morose about them all, about Hogwarts in general. It no longer being nor feeling like a home to anyone but a tastefully, at times, decorated prison. Steps pacing synchronically, dark robes walking in packs like soldiers, brain-washed and defeated soldiers. Or so the Headmaster and his acolytes would like to believe. 

Seamus and Dean were the last in line, they both dropped two piles of long black robes matching with theirs without sparing them a glance, acting as swiftly and as naturally as possible. It had been impressive, really. Sarah wouldn't have thought they could even see them into their hideout. 

They hurried to put them the cloaks on, threw the hood over their heads and formed a group as well, letting the Ravenclaw house pass them. Sarah could have sworn some had recognized the twins and Harry when they walked past them, but none said a word. It was reassuring to know they had other allies. 

At the last second, Harry hurried to join the group, aligning perfectly with the Ravenclaws. It was an impulsive decision, dramatic, but they couldn't object, not now. He did often resort to theatrics, George thought fondly, glancing at Selena.