Chapter 57: 25th

Christmas quickly came about, Sarah was on her way to meet everyone at the Burrow, being the holiday season, the last few days had been completely frenetic, she had such a tense schedule, she hadn't seen Fred for three days.

Although he'd shown up this morning before she left, even if it was six in the morning, to kiss her happy birthday, and it put a smile on her face for the entire day.

She Apparated on the front lawn, walked through the light white coat settled on the grass, the cold air and soft snow fell on her face and hair, she felt as light as those snowflakes falling from the sky when she walked into the Burrow.

She walked in, saw everyone huddled around the fire, they all turned to her.

"McCauley!" Fred cheered before anyone else, followed by everyone greeting her. He got up from his seat and ran to her with a wide smile. He took her bag to set it down and coat from her to hang it and wrapped his arms around her.

"Hi, Weasley," she chuckled softly, twisting her arms around his neck.

Fred smiled, he'd missed holding her like this and he pressed a soft kiss on her cheek, "Hi, McCauley."

"Hi, we are also here," teased George from his seated position on the floor, waving a dramatic hand at the both of them.

Sarah rolled her eyes endearingly, slid her hands down, and waved at all of them gathered on the couch, chairs and carpet around the fire, "Hi to everyone else, as well."

"You'd think seeing us once a year would make her notice we're here," said Charlie to Bill, raising an amused brow at Sarah and Fred.

She exchanged an amused look with Fred and hung to him while she took off her shoes, "Hi, Charlie, Bill. Glad to see you both."

She made her way towards the couch with Fred's arm round her and he gestured for her to take his seat on the couch. Like it was some little rehearsed and silent dance, he sat down with his back against her cushion and she shifted to rest her back on the couch arm, all in the purpose of Fred resting his elbow next to her and she intertwined her fingers with his.

"How's work treating you, darling?" asked Remus, glancing at her and Fred with a fond smile.

"Intense the last few days, you wouldn't believe the idiots that appear during the holiday season, but it's over now, I have a few days off," said Sarah, ending it with a relieved smile.

"I find ze 'ealer job fascinating, really. Glad to see you again, Sarah," said Fleur from a chair in front of her.

"Glad to see you, too," Sarah smiled widely at her and Bill, "How's Gabrielle?"

Fleur proceeded to tell her how it has been going for her and her sister, asked Sarah how it all had unraveled that led to the lovely picture of her and Fred holding hands, Bill then bickered with Charlie who Sarah found out had bet on Fred, and he tried to talk some sense into him last year at Christmas and Bill considered it cheating, but George joined in, too, and it all went downhill from there.

Sarah and Fred smiled and turned to each other, blocked out their arguing and she told him about her day, that had been completely mental, which led to Selena shushing the brothers, "Honestly, the three of you, shut up already," she hissed at the three of them, "Let them be."

They turned to them, heard Sarah talking to him in a hushed voice, Fred listening to her intently, looking up completely wonderstruck.

"So fucking adorable, I'm gonna be sick," mumbled Charlie.

"Language," chided Arthur, glancing up from
the news paper he was reading.

"Dinner ought to be served shortly," said Molly, getting up from her seat after glancing at the clock.