Chapter 37: The Hog's Head

Sarah, Selena and Hermione got word out to students to meet at the Hog's Head for anyone who's interested in a sort of tutoring program, actually in overruling the way Umbridge taught the class of Defense Against the Dark Arts. They would be lucky if a few people showed up, they were all terrified.

They were all walking through the snow, and Harry kept wanting to back down.

"This is mad, who'd want to be taught by me? I'm a nutter remember?" he said, turning back to face them and they gesture for him to move forward.

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face," said Ron, trying to cheer him up and Sarah nodded deeply.

"Thanks, Ron," said Harry.

"I'm here for you, mate," he clapped his back and they walked to face the entry door.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" asked Harry.

Sarah and Hermione exchanged a look, "Just a couple of people," said Hermione.

"Besides us," completed Sarah, glancing back at Selena and the twins.

"Lovely spot," commented Ron, looking around at the goat in the corner and an old man standing.

"Thought it'd be safe somewhere off the beaten track," said Sarah and they all went in, meeting a crowd of people around the corner. They awkwardly made their way towards some chairs at the front and sat down, looking at them, but no one said a word. Sarah spotted her friends around the room, Angelina, Lee, Neville, Ginny, Alexander and a few others.

Sarah and Hermione exchanged an uncomfortable look, and Harry kept staring at them to say something, because after all, it was their idea.

Sarah got up, "Um, hi," and Hermione joined her. No one said hi back, they kept staring.

"So you all know why we're here," said Sarah, eyes sweeping over everyone's faces.

"We need a teacher, a proper teacher, one who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts," said Hermione.

"Why?" spat Zacharias Smith in the front, glaring at Harry.

"Why?" blurted Ron, "Because Voldemort's back, you tosspot."

"So he says," Smith points at Harry.

"So Dumbledore says," said Hermione quickly.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed-" said Smith again, eyes scrutinizing Harry's face.

Sarah shot a disappointed glare at the boy next to Ginny, and Harry got up, "I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now. Come on, Sarah, Hermione, let's go. They're there because they think I'm some sort of freak," he quickly mumbled and tried to leave, Sarah caught his arm.

"Wait-"

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" asked Luna Lovegood, a white-haired sweet girl from Ravenclaw. Sarah smiled softly at her, thankful for her input.

"Yes, it's true, I've seen it," said Sarah, nodding at the crowd who seemed to be a little less scolding now, and she sat down.

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that," exclaimed Lee, and Sarah, Selena and the twins' heads snapped towards him, nodding.

"Mum told Ron not to spread it around," said Fred, grinning at Harry. "She said he got enough attention as it is."

"She's not wrong," mumbled Harry under his breath, making a few people chuckle.