Chapter 59: Sweet Nothing

AN

Thank you again so much for reading, I keep seeing the numbers go up and people adding it to their TBR lists, it honestly means the world you're reacting, reading, and just acknowledging this story, lots of love <3

__

Sarah got out of the Procedure room right after Hippocrates, took off her mask, gloves and cap, tossing them in the can designed for that effect.

"Good work, McCauley, go home," said Hippocrates with a small nod.

She raised a brow and glanced at her watch, "But it's not even quarter past six-"

Hippocrates nodded again, "I'm making an exception today, it's the fourteenth."

"And you're an advocate for romanticism?" she asked in an amused tone.

"I might. Now, leave before I change my mind," he cautioned and she smiled, quickly hurried out into the changing rooms to change.

She gathered her things and made her way towards her flat.

_

She walked inside and surprised not to find Fred there yet, maybe he was closing up the shop later. She massaged her neck a little, glad she was home early for once, when she noticed a small piece of parchment on her coffee table that she picked up.

Be ready at 7, love

-(I hope I don't need to sign this so you'd know who it is)

Sarah laughed and kept a wide smile, setting the letter down. She glanced at the clock, she had around half hour, so she didn't waste any time.

After a quick shower, she redid her make up and got dressed in carmine silk top and ample black trousers. She smiled at herself in the mirror while putting back her mother's medallion and Fred's necklace, as well as her ring. She felt light, happy, lucky to get ready for whatever Fred had planned, lucky to have him. She flipped her hair down and ran her fingers through it to give it some movement after straightening it and heard a knock on the door.

She looked at her watch, saw it was seven sharp and smiled. Sarah hurried towards the door to find Fred standing on the other side, looking absolutely incredible, they might not even leave the flat. Her jaw dropped at the beautiful lilies he was holding.

"Hi, McCauley," he beamed at her and handed her the flowers, "For you."

"Thank you," she breathed out through a wonderstruck smile. Sarah sneaked an arm around his neck and kissed him for a few moments, Fred wrapped an arm around her waist and cupped the back of her neck, smiled when they pulled away.

"I'll go set them in a vase," said Sarah, pressed a kiss on his cheek and let him walk in. She admired them all the way towards her book shelf where she had an empty vase sitting. "They're beautiful," she marveled, waving her wand to charm them so they'd last.

"And you're even more beautiful," he winked at her and took her hand, twirled her around, "Absolutely gorgeous." Fred linked his hand around her back and tenderly kissed her lips again.

"And you look incredibly handsome, do we really need to leave?" she smiled temptingly, causing him to grin, too.

"I'm reconsidering, honestly, but I do have something planned, and you'll love it," Fred said ecstatically, then pressed a soft kiss on her jaw.

She smiled sweetly when she felt his lips and looked at him, chuckled softly, "You have lipstick on your face."

"Do I?" he turned his head and looked at himself in the mirror on the wall and nodded pleasingly, "I think it's my color."