Chapter 78: Counting Battalions

AN

I think I've been keeping up with the schedule lately, another row of exams will follow the next few days, but I'll do my best.

Also, I've been working on 2 different stories (still our freddie here). Mostly developing characters and storylines, since there are about ten chapters left of Marooned. I'll never thank you enough for reading, honestly. I love you all so SO much!! Enjoy,

Lots of love,

s

__

Here lies Dobby
A free elf

He was a free elf indeed. Bravest out of all of them.

Sarah spent a while hugging her knees and looking at the tombstone, warm tears still falling down her face, thinking of this fallen soldier.

Bill's house was down the hill. It was beautiful that he was resting here, a view on the sea, waves crashing on the shore, bringing on sand just to take it away as soon as it came. Was there something about it that was so reflective? They had the illusion of peace all this time, hidden away into the woods, and in a second, it all shattered. Hermione and Selena were still in shock. Sarah set to brew a treatment for their wounds made out of whatever herbs and plants Fleur had. She had to retreat from everyone once they had started discussing about what had happened.

Her wrist was bandaged, half her hand was as well. Harry had managed to take her wand back from Peter so treating her hand hadn't been as difficult. It will still take another day before she could think of using her hand for serious spell movements.

The wind was shuffling through the dried up grass around. She was drawing shapes into the sand, circles and stars, enjoying the softness of it through her fingers and in the palm of her hand. If only she could, she would take this sand and her wand, turn back time. Change the course of the winds so they wouldn't carry them out here, instead somewhere peaceful. Not that this wasn't peaceful, but it seemed it had consequences. Every sweet moment came with retaliation.

She was deep in thought, playing with the sand and the small x from her necklace. And almost as if she had summoned him by doing so, Fred climbed up to join her, a plaid blanket, one of Bill's that was knitted by Molly and a mug in his hands.

"You've been here for a few hours," he faltered, this whole situation had gotten to him as well. "I'll go back inside, give you some space if you want. I was just checking." He handed her the mug filled with hot tea and placed the blanket on her shoulders.

"Wait, please," she prayed when she saw him preparing for his descent in the sand. "Don't go."

Fred turned to her with hesitation. He had promised himself to stand at arm's length while she processed what had happened instead of tackling her into a hug and keeping her as close as he could, so he lingered longer than he'd anticipated when he hugged Bill. She could see the wheels turning, the way he was keeping himself in check, a quizzical curve to his brows.

"Come here," she lent out her hand towards him, inviting him into her space and maybe he was incredibly exhausted but that made want to cry.

Retracing his steps back to her side slowly, he sat down next to her, pressed a deep kiss on her head in the process.

Their bodies shifted to mold together, each set an arm around the other and they stayed silent while staring out into the vast horizon.

"How's your hand?" he whispered so quietly she might have missed it if she wasn't actually so tuned in to whatever it was he was doing, breathing, sitting, just existing next to her.

Marooned - Fred WeasleyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara