Chapter 39: The Room of Requirement

Sarah was standing in a large room, a fire flickering at its other side, illuminating the arcade shaped ceilings. Behind them the door had closed, concealed itself, and it was exactly what they needed.

"You've done it, Neville. You've found the Room of Requirement," wondered Sarah, looking up and around.

"Oh, we've hid here before, remember, George? It was just a cupboard filled with brooms, though", she heard Fred whisper to her side.

"The what?" asked Ron and Selena, Hermione and Sarah turned to him, then looked at each other and Hermione whispered, "I've got this one."

"It's also known as the Come and Go Room. The Room of Requirement only appears when a person has real need of it. And is always equipped for the seeker's needs," she explained.

Ron nodded, then seemed to shift uncomfortably, "So, say you really needed a toilet..."

"Charming, Ronald," commented Hermione, "But, yes, that is the general idea."

"Brilliant!" exclaimed Harry.

Sarah still looked around, "It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back," she said, taking a long breath and thinking they actually have a chance, things seem to fall in place for them.

_

"I think we need a name," Sarah set a pen atop the list with their names and crossed her arms, looking expectedly at the trio before her, then around at the room filled with the people who'd signed up.

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?" suggested Fred.

"Both great suggestions. Care to make it more obvious though?" asked Sarah sarcastically and they rolled their eyes.

"Yes, we need something that we can refer to safely," added Hermione.

"Defense association? We can refer to it as DA for short," said Cho, and Harry's head shot towards her, turning a light shade of pink and smiling.

Sarah glanced at Ginny, and Ginny cleared her throat then, pretending she hadn't just been a bit stung, "Let's keep the DA, but make it short for Dumbledore's Army."

She and Sarah locked eyes and Sarah nodded deeply, "That's the Ministry's worst fear, let's throw it right in their faces," she said determinedly.

"All those in favor of the DA?" said Hermione, owning up to her place as an originator in this movement.

Everyone raised their hand and that was it. They were now Dumbledore's Army, starting training.

Sarah took the paper and pinned it on the wall after writing the name atop, next to the other things Harry had hung: a Foe Glass and a picture of the original Order of the Phoenix. She noticed her parents next to Lily and James, how determined and brave they looked. Happy.

She wanted to believe what they were doing now would make them proud, she knew it would. Every single member on there would be proud to know they looked up to them, enough to keep them as a constant reminder of their deeds, as an example of what they should be, fighting for the world they want to grow up in.

_

The following week, after setting up a schedule that coincided with everyone's timetables and the Quidditch training, Harry had assumed his role as a teacher, and started right away. The first lesson, he set up a wooden figure in front of them to practice on.

"Expelliarmus" he explained, showing the wand movement to those who didn't know it and one by one, everyone went up and tried to disarm the figurine. Neville had trouble with it. He mostly lacked confidence, resulting in his wand being held a bit awkwardly.