Chapter 66: Hold My Girl

AN

Another chapter I wrote listening on repeat to a song, this one was 'Hold my Girl' by George Ezra. You are so welcome :)

__

Harry was fumbling with a map of London, looking between the Snitch and Hermione's book, both given to them by the Minister as Dumbledore's last wishes. He was trying to understand where the next Horcrux might be. But they weren't close. The closest they got to it was an attack a few weeks ago, and now they found themselves without any lead.

He could hear some piano notes from the living room, Hermione playing a soft and slow melody followed by what was most likely Ron's attempt at repeating it with false notes. At least they were all safe and together, that was what all he could hope for at the moment. Something that brought the slightest glimpse of peace to his mind. To hear his best friends struggle to play piano together. He almost smiled.

They had been at the Head-Quarters for a few weeks, they were greeted by Kreacher. Well, greeted was a big word. They were tolerated. Barely. Suddenly there was a big thud emerging from the hallway and Harry dropped the map and all his thoughts to simply focus on getting his friends safe.

He drew his wand, ready to hex whomever had entered their hideout, Hermione and Ron had joined his side, silently questioning him but he had no idea what it was.

He put them both behind him and stepped forward. Harry's heart was thumping against his chest and he didn't seem to decide with the first spell to cast, he stood expectantly until the large shadow of the figure approaching them became significantly smaller and smaller and they were actually met with Dobby the house elf.

"Mister Harry Potter! Dobby wishes no harm!"

The trio immediately dropped their wands and let out a breath of relief. It wasn't the first time Dobby was paying them a visit. He'd proven himself quite helpful the last couple weeks by telling them what was going on into the Wizarding World. He was the one to tell Harry and the others Sarah had been taken hostage by Death Eaters and that was the closest Harry had been to a panic attack since the attack of Arthur Weasley back in his fifth year.

"Dobby- I'm sorry, we thought someone else was here, I-"

Harry suddenly felt himself unable to breathe, like the general pain, a burning sensation coursing through his brain when Voldemort was near, but now it wasn't because of that, it was new, his whole body seemed weak for just a second and he fell onto the ground, Ron catching him from behind, preventing his head to smack against the ground.

In a split second it was gone and he felt normal. Or almost. He felt something was wrong within his core. An intrinsically linked sort of himself was incredibly weak, almost dying. He couldn't explain how, but he knew what it was about. And he became white as a ghost, much more ghastly than before if that was even possible.

Harry got onto his feet and gripped onto Ron and Hermione with a horrified look on his face, "It's Sarah."

Their faces fell apart.

"What- What about her? What's-" mumbled Hermione, voluntarily naive about that because she was one of her best friends, she couldn't fathom losing her.

"No, no, that's not possible, she can't be-" Ron spoke terrified what it could mean to the three of them, but also to Remus, his own family and Fred. Fred who Ron had never seen so attached to someone the way he was to Sarah. She couldn't be gone. They had to do something.

"Dobby," Harry turned to him and knelt on the ground to level with his eyes, "What I'm about to ask you is dangerous. And risky. And you have every right to say no, I will not hold-"