Chapter 51: Risks and Gambles

Like some enormous joke was being played on her, the next day Molly and Arthur invited everyone over the next weekend for dinner. Sarah actually laughed at that when she saw it, couldn't help it.

She simply had to act normal, completely casual, not like she dreamt about Fred, and her mind took her back there every time it could. She reminded herself of Alina, twisting the knife every time, so it wouldn't venture any further.

"What do I need to do?" asked Sarah, running along with Hippocrates towards the Procedure room. They had a late one scheduled as an emergency, lasting at least an hour and she had to be at the Burrow for dinner in less than twenty minutes.

Hippocrates instructed her on what needed to be done, she and Augustus assisted him and saved the patient. Sarah got out of the room and ripped away the mask she was wearing. It had been exhausting, using powerful healing magic for an hour uninterrupted.

She quickly changed and Apparated to her flat, changing and taking a quick shower, she couldn't show up at the Burrow with drops of blood in her hair.

_

She stumbled on the front lawn at the Burrow and pushed inside, saw Molly and Selena were slowly setting the table.

"Hey, so sorry, we had an emergency procedure," said Sarah, taking off her coat and shoes.

"Don't you worry, dear," said Molly, smiling softly at her.

"Hey!" cheered George, "You are late," he tapped her head and pulled her into a side hug, pressed a kiss on Selena's cheek and bopped Molly's nose when he passed her and went into the kitchen.

"What happened?" asked Sarah, eyeing him amused.

"They had some big sale at the shop, they've been euphoric since this morning," Selena explained to her and left the three women grinning.

Fred walked in then, inhaling sharply when he saw Sarah was here. He'd made numerous scenarios where he was walking up normally to her, but he forgot every single one, he just stared for a few seconds, until she glanced back and waved. His feet then automatically made their way towards her.

"Hey," she said shyly, "Heard about your sale, that's terrific." Selena called her from the kitchen and she turned around before he could realize she'd looked away the whole time and do something about it.

_

After dinner, Sarah was in the kitchen, helping Molly clean up after dinner by wiping the kitchen counter, waved her wand at the sponge and detergent to wash the dishes when Fred walked in, started gathering the clean dishes to put them back in their drawers.

He carried a couple bowls, walked towards her and set his hand on her waist, nudged her to the side with his hip, "Sorry," he set them in the cupboard she stood in front of and went to lean against the counter. She bit on the inside of her cheek and blushed, she guessed he hadn't thought much of it, therefore had no idea how it made her heart race. So she decided to twist the knife again, "So, Weasley, how have you been this past week?"

"I've been great, McCauley," he raised a slightly amused brow at her, "We've had this great sale, you see-"

He proceeded to tell her more in detail about that sale and the crazy week they've had, asked her about hers, and then, after a few moments of silence, Sarah casually asked, "Any news from Alina?" Because if George was the king of self-sabotage, she was the queen.

"No, why would I have news from her?" said Fred, leaning against the counter and looking at her confused.

"I just assumed," she shrugged, wiped her hands and walked opposite to him, "Seemed you'd reconnected."