Chapter 26: Found Family

The situation was still tense between Ron and Harry, causing Sarah, Hermione and Ginny to walk on eggshells or wave white flags whenever they were next to each other. When one seemed to have let go of his grudge, the other came with a new one and it went on and on.

They might have faced death three times (or more) already, but they were still teenage boys, going through fights and ego problems, rivalry and, as everyone in their friend group hoped, truce.

Sarah spend every little free time she had making sure Harry was alright. When she was walking out of Herbology with Fred, Hermione ran up to her, "Hello," she said to the both of them before turning to Sarah "Ron finally told Harry about the first task, well, you know, in a way," said Hermione grimly.

Sarah's head yanked up to Fred, he had just told her about Charlie importing the dragons for the Tournament and earlier today Ron was blabbering about a way to make peace with Harry, he hadn't found the most brilliant one.

"So he'll face..." started Sarah and Hermione whispered, "Dragons."

"He's in the courtyard, I think he'll need a talk," said Hermione, pointing behind her.

"Yes, all right. I should maybe see how he's doing," said Sarah. She turned to Fred, about to ask him if he wanted to follow, but before she could speak he said, "Yes, I'm coming with you, McCauley, let's go."

When they made their way towards the courtyard, they saw people wearing badges with Cedric's face then turning and showing in a puke greenish color 'Harry Potter stinks'.

She scoffed, "They're all just a bunch of dickheads."

Fred eyed them disdainfully, "Malfoy made them, I reckon."

They met Ron and Seamus on their way there, Sarah intercepted him "Hey, is it over? Your feud?"

Ron and Seamus rolled their eyes "He just called me a foul git, told me to stay away, I guess not."

"What?" said Fred and Sarah, in disbelief.

"I don't give a damn what our father thinks, Malfoy. He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic," she heard Harry shout and Ron and Seamus left then. She and Fred walked faster to see what was going on and they saw Moody was levitating a white ferret. She saw Harry laughing at the scene and stood next to him.

"Hi. How're you doing?" she asked him and he let out a relieved breath when he saw her.

"Brilliant," he said sarcastically, "Have you heard?" She nodded, "Just now."

"Well, this certainly makes it better," he pointed to Moody and they chuckled.

"Is that," she looked at Moody in confusion and awe, "Is that Malfoy?"

Harry nodded and Fred let out a laugh. McGonagall ran to Moody then, "Professor Moody! What are you doing?"

"Teaching," said Moody, still making the ferret, Malfoy, go up and down.

"Is that-Is that a student?" shrieked McGonogall.

"Technically it's a ferret," spat Moody and Sarah started beaming. Weirdly enough, he just gained a few points for that.

Moody then made the ferret go in Crabbe's pants, and he started whining. Goyle tried to get it out "Stand still! Stand still!" but the ferret seemed to bite him. Sarah and Fred were watching the scene bewildered and delighted to see those three gits get tormented a little. The ferret got out through Crabbe's pant leg and McGonagall flicked her wand to turn him to his human form.

Malfoy got up and looked around hurriedly. When he sees Moody, he puts that superior look, "My father will hear about this!"

"Is that a threat?" growled Moody, walking towards him, "Is that a threat?" making Malfoy recoil, then run away completely.