Chapter 69: MI7

AN

Next chapters are in the works, also, I already set up the chapters leading up to the aftermath of the war and I really don't want this story to end. I'm feeling a little emotional, it will most likely reflect in the following chapters. Anyway, enjoy, thank you so much for reading and keeping up with the story, you are incredible!

Lots of love,

S

__

They were inside.

Somehow they were inside. It hadn't been easy, between kidnapping actual people off the streets, Sarah felt unease putting a spell on Andrea Pun, getting her to lose consciousness. She was a tall and quite thin woman with sharp features that frightened Sarah the first time she saw her next to Umbridge. Her outfit was all black, black button-down shirt and a leather skirt, nothing she ever thought of wearing but she isn't going inside as Sarah McCauley but as Andrea Pun. When she took the Polyjuice Potion, she felt herself grow a few inches, with heels she was only a three inches shorter than Fred. Her hips narrowed, her limbs became much thinner and seemed to grow endlessly, her hair darkened to become thick and straight. She preferred not to look in a mirror.

The people Hermione, Harry and Ron were transformed in looked strangely alike them only about twenty years older. She could see it, Hermione and Ron working at the Ministry.

They took their clothes and dressed them in tracksuits, cheapest they could find, and once they had gotten past the less pleasant part of being flushed into a toilet, they had arrived inside the Ministry and were moving past dense crowds of people.

Fred had black hair and George's was light brown, their faces covered with concealer to hide their freckles. Fred had taken it a tad too seriously, he was unrecognizable. He looked ten years older, with black beard and sunglasses that covered his definitely remarkable eyes. Sarah almost Stunned him when she walked into the living room before they left.

George was playing the part of a reporter, he found an old camera in a drawer at the Headquarters and the idea took a life of its own from that moment. Selena was going in as herself, supposedly attending a meeting with Andrea Pun if anyone asked. They had clearly agreed not to speak to anyone unless strictly necessary.

She and Hermione had spend a handful of moments staring at the imposing statue of Muggles carved into stone, being squished between rocks. Every now and then the guards would walk determinedly towards a person and would instruct them to simply keep walking and not make a fuss. Their hearts stopped for a few seconds every time, afraid it'll be them next. That they'll see right through them or something, but so far so good.

Sarah was walking with the tensed up expression she remembered seeing on that woman's face, trying to not show how hurtful her shoes were.

George and Selena each picked up a newspaper from the lay out before the entrance and sat on some benches, simply waited and observed, several meters apart. Fred stood on the other side, glancing at Sarah every now and then, well, Sarah walking with Andrea Pun's appearance. He was terrified something will happen to her and there would be nothing he could do to stop it.

While she was following the trio towards the elevator, a man approached her. Her heart started pounding, she did her best to keep a composed face, figured the best way to remain in character would be to pretend she's the female version of Snape. And for some reason that worked. She stared at that man with contempt and it looked like he was walking past her, but he came back behind her, spoke against her ear, "Mrs Pun, could we have a word?"

She breathed in deeply and shook her head, taking a few steps away from him and turned to face him. Before she could back away from him again, he took her arm and made them walk into a closet next to them.