Chapter 35: Lies

This is a longer chapter, I'm having so much fun writing this content

___

The school didn't feel much like Hogwarts anymore with Umbridge around. Sarah and Selena walked by the twins who were talking to some younger students, "Skiving Snackboxes, sweets that make you ill," she heard Fred say.

"Obtain hours of pleasure from unprofitable boredom," said George, showing off some sweets to what seemed like a first year after taking a better look. He looked up at Selena to find a scolding look and he winked at her, making her roll her eyes and question the boy pressured into taking a Fever Fudge.

"Go on, off you go," said Selena and led him to the Infirmary.

"Care for another?" said Fred to a boy whose chin blew up and seemed to drop.

"What are you two doing?" asked Sarah, kneeling down in front of the boy.

"Are you all right?" she asked him and he looked at her with a terrified and confused look at what was happening to him.

"I have a skin beard," he slowly said, his words a little muffled. Next to him was another student holding a cauldron, he threw up then and Fred and George winced then seemed to be pleased because it worked.

Sarah frowned at them, "Give them the antidotes, right now."

"We don't have them right now, but good to know they work," said Fred and she shook her head angrily. She ran up to her dorm to ruffle through her set of healing potions and grabbed the Thick Golden potion recipient.

After lifting the top of the flask, she knelt down before the boys, "This will not hurt, in a few minutes the ill state will go away."

The boys both nodded, and she gave them a drop each. In the space of three minutes, they felt better, the chin became smaller again and the other set the cauldron down, not feeling the need to throw up anymore.

"Thanks," they both said and ran away. She sat down next to Fred, "Experimenting on first-years? That's low, even for you," she commented, setting the top on the flask.

"Well you wouldn't do it, we resorted to other tactics," said Fred, closing the Skiving Snackbox, "Unless?" he pushed it towards her and she rolled her eyes, she went to get up and he pushed her back down.

"I was joking. Plus, now you've got all that useful information from your summer in Ireland to help out until all the antidotes are ready, which most are. And they're getting paid, we're not barbaric. It's a win-win situation," he flashed a devilish grin. "Try this one, I promise it doesn't do anything." He held up a sour candy.

She hesitated, and Fred raised an eyebrow, "Don't you trust me, McCauley?"

"I guess I do," she eyed the candy in his hand, then held out the palm of her hand and Fred dropped it.

She ate it and for a split second she thought something will happen and she closed her eyes. But nothing did so she turned to Fred and smiled, "Okay, I'll hand it out to you, it's actually really good."

"You think you could get word around for those Puking Pastilles?" asked Fred, leaning in tauntingly.

Sarah gave him a deadpan look, pushing his face back and tapped her Head-Girl badge, "Don't push it, Weasley."

"I feel so betrayed right now," he chided, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"You'll get over it," Sarah raised an unimpressed brow at him and the corner of her mouth curled up, "I'm stealing some of these, though," she took some of the sweets he gave her earlier and ran away from him, saw Harry storm off in a fury and she approached Ron and Hermione worriedly.