Chapter 40: The Fever Dream

The hissing voice was becoming louder and louder, she could hear it whispering something again, and it made her bones chill. An image appeared then, a fog, a dense fog, and she knew in her gut what it was about, what it said and who it was after.

"Harry!" Sarah woke up with a yelp, a cold sweat trailing down her neck. She quickly got up and ran down stairs, where she realized it hadn't been just a nightmare, she came face to face with Ron, holding a horrified looking Harry.

"I'm taking him to McGonagall," said Ron, and she nodded, rapidly flying down and meeting him.

The three of them went to see McGonagall, and after Harry quickly blabbered about his dream that wasn't just a dream. Arthur Weasley had been attacked by a giant snake, McGonagall hurried them into Dumbledore's office.

"Minerva, you've- Oh," Dumbledore stopped and looked at their disheveled figures.

"Sir, I need-" Harry's still a bit breathless and shaking, "I saw, Ron's father, Mr Weasley, he was attacked by a giant snake."

He expanded a bit and Dumbledore immediately sent out signals around the castle, traveling messages from painting to painting, making sure Arthur is taken care of.

The fog, what did it mean? Why was the hissing voice after it? Something clicked inside her mind then.

Dumbledore sent after Fred, George and Ginny, and they came in still in their night things, looking as pale and worried as Ron. She hadn't realized they entered when she asked, "Voldemort's after something at the Ministry, isn't he? That's why he hurt Arthur. Some it object no one is naming."

Dumbledore stared at her, "What do you know about that, Miss McCauley?" he asked, and there was a bit of worry to his voice, something grave, making her feel like she shouldn't have said anything.

She raised her shoulders, holding his gaze because she wasn't the one hiding something from everyone around her.

"Better not venture yourself, then," he spoke quietly to her, and pointing at a book, "Boys, Miss Weasley, Miss McCauley, if you will. Have you used a Portkey before?"

They nodded, and Sarah reluctantly walked closer to him. He gave her a small nod, becoming once again that wise old man she considered to be the greatest wizard in history and she set aside that strange moment, because it was an awful night for everybody and they needed to focus on Arthur right now.

They all arrived at the Head-Quarters, and stumbled in the living room, Sirius and Remus quickly ran to them. They were hollow-eyed and unshaved, they looked exhausted, a faint smell of liquor floating around the room.

"What's going on?" asked Sirius, he and Remus helping the children get up.

"We heard Arthur's been injured?" asked Remus.

"Ask Harry," said Fred, with a tint of accusation in his voice, he was too tired to make out the nuances of the story.

"Yeah, I want to hear it for myself," said George.

They both turned to him and stared, awaiting an explanation.

"I-um. I had some sort of vision, where he was attacked. I saw him get attacked by a snake," explained Harry, a light shiver passing him, because his sweat was now clinging to his skin and it was cold.

Ginny, Fred and George stared at him for a while after he'd finished and Fred turned to Sirius, "Is mum here?"

He exchanged a look with Remus and answered, "She isn't here, I don't know if she's aware of it yet, but I expect Dumbledore is letting her know."