Chapter 20: Summer at the Burrow

After recovering from her injuries, Sarah dived head first into her studying for the O.W.L.s, spending all her time studying and stressing completely. She was worried her head injury will somehow affect the work she'd put in until now. She was very irascible during that period of time, her friends would arguably say she was unbearable, which wasn't completely untrue, the last week they all avoided her. But she had time to apologize after passing her exams.

The twins' last exam was DADA in the morning and Sarah still had her Arithmancy exam in the afternoon, which was one she particularly dreaded because as beautiful as the subject was, it was just as difficult and required sometimes too much precision and rigor.

When she got out of the class with Selena and Alexander, she saw the twins and Lee talking outside.

"I need to make some amends with them," she told her two friends, they nodded and left, leaving her alone in front of the trio. They all crossed their arms and stared at how she approached them slowly.

"Hey," she said softly but they didn't answer, this ought to be more difficult than she thought. "I'm really sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" said Lee, leaning forward, suggesting he was expecting her to expand fully on that.

"The fact that I've been mean to you for the last couple weeks," she spoke again, biting the inside of her cheek, avoiding eye contact with them.

"Mean? That's a big understatement," said George, actually scolding her.

"Okay, all right. I'm sorry for-" she paused and looked at them "threatening to shave your head, Lee."

Lee nodded deeply, recalling the moment with a shiver, she was terrifying then, for a second he really thought she'll do it.

"And?" said George, mirroring Lee's lean, nodding invitingly.

"Telling you that a dried carrot looked better than you, George."

"I take offense in that too, since we're twins, McCauley. And?" said Fred, elongating the vowel.

"Putting shaving cream instead of whipped cream on your waffles," she mumbled.

Fred chuckled, "That was actually pretty f-" George and Lee shot him a glare and he cleared his throat, returning to his serious face from before, "And?"

"Telling you that if you don't shut up, I'll petrify you and blow up the stone you turned into with real intent."

Fred and George nodded, seeming content with her apologies but Lee was still standing arms-crossed.

She looked at him "What?"

"You know what I'm thinking about."

"Come on, mate, she didn't mean it. And she apologized," said Fred

"Easy for you to say, you had it easy," spat Lee and turned back towards Sarah.

"Okay, Lee. I'm sorry that-" she paused, looking at her feet and turning her ring. "I told you that I'd push the mic down your throat so you'd stop your-" she paused again, "good for nothing commenting," she mumbled that last part, still ashamed she said it.

He had snapped at her, telling her that her constant worry and studying was pointless and she shot back, but they were both angry and stressed, neither meant it.

She looked up hesitantly at Lee, expecting him to still look upset but he was smiling at her.

He opened his arms "Come here, you crazy person," and she sighed in relief, and hugged him. She hugged Fred and George telling them she was sorry again, barely getting the words out because they squeezed her tightly.