Chapter 6: Getaway Car

As if only short time had past, it was summer again. Harry and Sarah promised to write to each other, and she also spent an awful lot of time on her studying, getting a little ahead in a few classes for the year, but the last week on July, she spent it at the Burrow.

She was a little worried for Harry, she hadn't heard from him all summer and neither had Ron and Hermione. The night before, Sarah sat next to Fred on the ground, facing George and Ron on the couch.

"We need to do to something. I've just received Hermione's letter saying that she hasn't heard from Harry either," she handed Ron the letter and exchanged a look with the twins.

"They could have caged Hedwig, burnt our letters, who knows. Case in point, we need to help him, get him out of there," said Sarah, forcefully and they all agreed.

Tonight, it was all about the hostage situation : Operation Potter, the Getaway Car. Ron wasn't exactly fond of the name "It makes us sound like criminals."

"Shut it. It's a good name for a mission operation for justice," protested Sarah.

"Yeah, all right. Who knows how to drive it?" asked Ron, holding up the keys.

They all turned to Sarah and she raised her hands up in defense, "I don't know how to drive it!" she whispered, alarmed, "Don't you?"

"Stop your fussing, I've seen dad do it, I can manage," said Fred, taking the keys from Ron.

They got inside the car, quietly, Fred behind the wheel, Ron next to him and Sarah and George in the back seat.

He started the car, and Sarah was gripping his head-rest, a little afraid that they'll get caught with the sound the car made. But they didn't. They started flying, the car knew the way, as they told it. They flew for a moment, Sarah giving out the driving instructions to Fred, and she caught a glimpse of the sign 'Privet Drive'.

"We're almost there, make a right," she tapped Fred's head-rest.

"Stop hitting it, I understand your words," hissed Fred, and she smacked his head.

"Stop bickering, please," pleaded George.

Sarah and Fred scoffed, and she turned to her left to look at the street. Harry's house came into view then and they saw exactly how bad things were.

"Does it-" Ron gasped.

"Oh my dear God, the window has bars. Are they bonkers?" exclaimed Sarah, horrified.

Fred glanced at the windows and managed to get the car close to it, while sticking the tip of his tongue out in concentration, "Let's get him out, quickly."

The four of them glanced through the window to see Harry observing them. Ron stuck his head out the window, "Hi, Harry."

"Ron? Fred? George? Sarah? What are you doing here?" he asked, looking over their faces in disbelief.

"Rescuing you, of course," said Sarah, hastily.

Ron gestured for him to move on, "Now, come on, get your trunk!"

While Harry was gathering his things, Ron turned to the others in the car, "How are we getting him out of here?"

"There's a rope in the back here," said Sarah, "It has a hook, isn't it just perfect? It's like your parents were expecting us to steal this car and use it for the exact purpose."

They chuckled, "Now, we'll have an excuse if we get caught," said Fred.

Ron set the hook on the bars at Harry's window. Fred hit the acceleration at full capacity and tore away the metal. He backed away and opened the trunk for Harry to set his trunk.