38

The foundations of houses in the village are generally only three feet deep.

    But for Bai Shu's house, the foundation was dug nine feet deep.

    The workers complained while digging: "How can I dig such a deep foundation for this house?" "

    Yes, when I was building a house in the county, the three-story house was dug six feet deep at the corner. That's all, is it possible that Brother Bai's house needs to be built five or six floors?"

    Bai Shu heard their complaints and smiled without saying a word.

    Baitang Village is close to the river, the land is humid, and the groundwater resources are abundant.

    It is inevitable that there is some water in the houses of these villagers. But they're used to it, and they don't think there's anything wrong with it.

    And Baishu's room is to receive distinguished guests, so there must be no problems of mold or water leakage.

    Not only did he want to semi-raise the ground floor to make a storage room, but he also buried the sewer pipes. In this way, the nine-foot foundation was just right.

    As the foundation continued to deepen, the villagers were too lazy to go up after going down the pit.

    When eating, the rice basket is hung with a hemp rope and lowered little by little, and everyone sits in the pit to eat.

    Speaking of the meals of Baishubao, it is what the villagers look forward to most every day.

    After they ate every day, they would talk about it with their family members after returning home.

    Therefore, not long after, even the people in the neighboring village knew that there was a brother named Bai in Baitang Village, and the food provided by the workers was very good.

    At noon, Brother Liu and two women came over with their burdens.

    Today's main course is dried pork.

    The dry seeds were bought early in the morning in the county town, and the meat happened to be slaughtered by someone in the village, so Bai Shu paid for half of them.

    Brother Liu just opened the basket, revealing large chunks of oily fat, and bursts of aroma wafted out, instantly causing commotion among the villagers.

    "Is there any meat to eat? This is the taste of braised pork!"

    The villagers above put down their burdens and ran straight to Brother Liu to form a group.

    The villagers below the foundation couldn't bear it this time, and climbed up one by one with the help of bamboo ladders.

    After all, although I also ate meat a few days ago, most of the time it was fish. It is rare to eat this kind of pork once a year.

    "Line up, line up! Don't fight! You have to line up before you can eat!" the supervisor hired by Bai Shu commanded.

    These days, Bai Shu made them officials, and they naturally felt more responsible. In the past few days, I have been serious and responsible. Although the management is not well-organized, it is also remarkable.

    For the villagers of Baitang Village, Baishu felt that the requirements should not be too high.

    After all, they are all uneducated, and it is already very good to be able to manage it like this.