103

The time goes back to the fifth day of May, the day of the Dragon Boat Festival.

    In the capital, the Xie family hosted a banquet for the Dragon Boat Festival as in previous years.

    Although Mrs. Lou has lost power, she is still the hostess of the family. Naturally, she must attend such a banquet.

    Now that she has lost her authority as a housekeeper, she has less silver in her hands. She can eat and drink without worrying about relying on the monthly silver alone, but if she wants to wear gold and silver, she must live as grand as usual.

    Although the Xie family was troubled this year, it did not shake its foundation.

    On the contrary, with Xie Huaiyu as an heir, and because of Zhao Liang's gaining power, more people wanted to curry favor with Xie's family.

    Therefore, although the banquet was not as extravagant as in previous years, there were more guests coming and going.

    In addition to the relatives of Xie's and Lou's families, there were also many foreign guests, and the whole Xie's mansion was very lively for a while.

    Mrs. Lou sat in the garden with a fan, chatting with several relatives of the Lou family.

    She is also wearing Kesi clothes today, and wearing pearls and emeralds on her head, she looks gorgeous.

    However, those who have been in close contact with Xie's family know that this Kesi is actually the old style from last year.

    She can no longer afford such a thousand-dollar dress.

    Although Lou's face was swollen to pretend to be fat, she didn't want others to see how careless she is now. But it is still unavoidable to be made fun of by those who worship the high and step on the low.

    Those Xie family members who surrounded her in the past are now very few.

    The female family members of Xie's family were originally scumbags, and they made friends with Lou's in order to get benefits from Sir Xie.

    They have long been displeased with Lou's publicity in the past, but now that Xie Qi can't turn over, they don't care anymore.

    After meeting Mrs. Lou, he said sarcastically: "I haven't seen you in half a year, but I've aged so much. In the past, we still envied my sister's eternal youth. Looking at it today, this woman is old when she is old. There is no comparison." Those young women."

    During the speech, the eyes of these people looked to the other side. A few young women in their early twenties over there, who were surrounded by people, were trembling with laughter. They were the new favorite concubines of Lord Xie.

    Although Lord Xie is in the period of filial piety, he secretly raised two concubines and did not give them names, so everyone couldn't say anything.

    The clothes of those concubines are not luxurious, but they are in brighter colors, matching the most fashionable styles in Beijing.

    However, because of his youth and beauty, he was already very good-looking. Compared with them, Mrs. Lou was like their elders, and the gorgeous clothes he wore became antiques.

    Lou Shi is a person who loves beauty, and what she hates the most is when others say she is old. Now that she heard these words, a crack appeared on her face, which was trying to pretend to be indifferent, and she wished she could swallow these women alive.