72

While Cook Huang was looking at Bai Shu, Bai Shu also wanted to examine him.

    To receive distinguished guests in Baiyu Mountain Villa, the skill of the cook must not be inferior.

    Although Shopkeeper Yan's introduction is more reliable than that of a middleman, he is only an introducer after all, and he has to decide whether to retain this person in the end.

    So Bai Shu straightened his face first, and asked that cook Huang a few questions.

    That cook Huang answered one by one, and Bai Shu had a preliminary understanding of him.

    He knew that the yellow cook was made by a wealthy family in the capital, so he felt at ease.

    But even so, he still wanted to test this person well, so he brought him into the back kitchen and asked him to select ingredients on the spot and cook some special dishes.

    After being tested by Bai Shu, the cook Huang felt a little more reassured, and he also saw that the guy in front of him was not someone to wait for.

    Although he was young, he was very skillful in asking him questions, and he was well prepared when he came to the back kitchen. He had all kinds of ingredients prepared, and his performance would not be affected because of lack of anything.

    The design of Baishu's back kitchen is also excellent. The large windows are extremely open and bright, and a half-person-high stone platform is built, which is very convenient for cutting and washing vegetables. In addition, there are five or six stoves here, and the cooking and stewing can be carried out at the same time, so there is no fear of panic.

    Bai Shu walked to a sink, twisted a porcelain handle slightly, and a gurgle of clear water flowed out of a porcelain pipe.

    "This is the water drawn from the well. It has been roughly purified and can be used to wash vegetables and dishes." Bai Zhu said.

    The yellow cook's eyes were straightened, and he had never seen such a thing before.

    He washed the dishes and kitchen utensils in the water, and with only a slight swirl, the water flow stopped again.

    After a while, Chef Huang prepared two special dishes. One is eel shredded with oil, and the other is the land of fish and rice. They are all quick-handed dishes, and the most important thing to do is to test your knife skills and heat.

    After he put the two dishes on the plate, he put them in front of Bai Zhu and said, "There are some special dishes that take too long, and they can't be cooked in one or two hours. I only made these two dishes." Bai Zhu nodded

    . , took out chopsticks and tasted it.

    He looked at that chef Huang when he was chopping vegetables just now. This man's knife skills are very good, and he can control the heat well when he eats it. Compared with the cook of Xie Huaiyu's family, he was not at a disadvantage.

    "You want to try it too?" Bai Shu said to Chen Dongqing.

    Chen Dongqing also took a pair of chopsticks and stepped forward, took a mouthful of the same, and couldn't help eating a few more mouthfuls: "It's delicious! I've never eaten such delicious food, and I think it's better than the one in Laifulou in the county. The dishes are all better."

    "Lai Fu Lou mostly serves Jianghu dishes, which are suitable for businessmen on the road, and have a different style from these dishes." Bai Zhu analyzed calmly.

    It's not that Lai Fu Lou's dishes are inferior to these dishes, but because of the location of the county seat, there are no particularly delicate dishes.