51

Afterwards, the three of them traveled smoothly, and when they returned to Baitang Village, it was only Shenshi.

    After Bai Shu went back, she was busy going to the house to oversee the work. As for Xie Huaiyu, he entered the study without stopping, and wrote a letter to Zhong Li.

    Zhong Li asked him to help prepare 300,000 shi of grain, and he has sent someone to do it, and it is estimated that it will be done in ten days.

    So Xie Huaiyu left a message in the letter, asking Zhongli to send someone to the grain store in Fucheng to pick up grain in ten days.

    Three days later, Xie Huaiyu received a reply from Zhongli.

    The letter said that although there was no need to say thanks between the two of them, the disaster-stricken people in the north of Daxuan owed Xie Huaiyu their lives. In the letter, Zhong Li thanked Xie Huaiyu for the people, and also bluntly said that he has made a decision on this matter, and he will definitely not let him spend it in vain.

    ·

    Chen Dongqing picked the herbs and put them in the yard to dry one by one. After finishing his work, he went into the house to give Li'er shoes.

    Now that there is no land and no need to cultivate, Chen Dongqing has a lot of leisure time. After he is busy every day, he still has time to go back to the house to rest, and he can also do some manual work to pass the time.

    Now Chen Dongqing buys all the clothes at home in the county. But the soles of the shoes he and Lier wore were sewn by himself.

    The shoes bought outside are convenient, but the soles are thin and not worn. After he bought the shoes, he had to pull the cloth underneath and sew dozens of layers of cloth to make the soles softer and thicker, making them more comfortable to wear.

    He had just sewed a few stitches when he heard someone knock on the door. When he opened the door, it turned out that Brother Liu had come over.

    Chen Dongqing's face froze, and after hesitating for a while, he still invited Brother Liu in.

    Before getting to know Bai Shu, the person who had the best relationship with him in Baitang Village was Brother Liu.

    They were all male in stature and inconspicuous in appearance. Therefore, he is often made fun of and looked down upon by others.

    Later Chen Dongqing got married, but Brother Liu never came to propose marriage.

    The two still keep in close contact, sometimes complaining about each other, working together, and chatting about their recent encounters, they can be regarded as close friends.

    The last time when Li'er was injured and he was still living in Bai Shu's house, Zhao Er came to the door, but Brother Liu didn't help him cover it up, and even persuaded Chen Dongqing to go back with Zhao Er.

    Because of this incident, Chen Dongqing felt a little estranged from brother Liu, and his attitude towards him was not very polite. I didn't notify him when I moved out, but I didn't expect Brother Liu to come to the door now.

    "Brother Chen, don't tell me why you moved away." Brother Liu said, looking at the furnishings in the house, and seeing a pair of cloth shoes on the bed, he picked up a needle and thread and said, "This is I’m making shoe soles for Li’er, let me help you.”

    Brother Chen saw him like this, thinking about his past friendship, he couldn't keep his cold face anymore, so he said: "I left in a hurry, and I have a lot of things to move at home, so I will let you know if I didn't come." "Hi