Overprotective (the last of us yandere Ellie x fem.reader)

Requests are closed

This takes place after part one and before part two

yandere Ellie x fem. reader

y/n's POV:

I didn't know why I always ended up fucking things up with people. No matter how hard I tried, I always managed to be an outcast. If I tried to make friends, no one ever seemed to be interested in spending time with me, but even if I managed to make friends, they wouldn't stay for long.

In the end, I would always end up alone no matter what. Maybe it was better this way. The current world was a mess. People could die at any moment because  of the virus.

Most of them killed themselves before they could lose their mind and some of them actually turned into infected monsters.

I mean, If there was no one I cared about, it couldn't effect me as much when people died.

Despite of my social issues, I was glad I was living in Tommy's camp. This place was much better than the military camp I used to be and it was safe.

"What is she doing here again? Don't we have enough mouths to feed?", I heard Dina say and I noticed that a group of teenagers surrounded the new girl. I remembered her. She stopped by along with Tommy's brother but they didn't stay for long.

They must've returned and decided to stay permanently. "Why don't you mind your own business?", the girl said and they all laughed while Dina approached her.

"Having a bratty mouth to feed is our business. You better show us that you're useful or we will make sure you want to leave", Dina threatened and I couldn't stand watching this any longer.

Yes ressources were rare these times, but this didn't mean we could be a bully about it. "Hey, leave her alone. You were all new at some point, imagine you got treated like that", I said and they all glared at me.

"The difference is that we had to work hard in order to be able to stay here. She didn't have to do anything because Tommy's fucking brother decided to play babysitter", Dina hissed while she was walking closer to me.

"If you have such a problem with it, go and complain to Tommy but leave this girl alone. She didn't do anything to you", I said and she started laughing. "Don't think you will ever be a part of our group after this", Dina said and left along with the others.

I sighed and walked towards the girl. "Are you okay?", I asked and she stared at me for few seconds before she replied. "Yeah, I can handle some immature teens", she replied and I smiled warmly.

"I'm Ellie by the way. What's your name?", she asked. "y/n", I replied and she smiled. "Would you like to hang out a bit?", she suggested and my eyes were instanly shining. Someone actually wanted to spend time with me? I instanly nodded and we spent the rest of the day getting to know each other.

~one week after~

Being Ellie's friend wasn't easy because it automatically made me a target for bullying as well. I always had issues with being an outcast but I was never bullied before. However, I didn't regret befriending her.

She was such an interesting person. All the stories she told me about the world outside of the fence truly amazed me. I admired her a lot for surviving all the things she went through so I absolutely understood that the bullies didn't get to her.

With me it was different. I was behind a safe fence most of the time and when I was outside, I didn't have to deal with nearly as much as her. So the bullying actually did get to me. I mean I was trying to get into their friend group for years so there definitely was some attachment.