𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Jia woke up early in the morning, upset but still push herself to make breakfast for her and Changkyun. She should continue, no matter what happens. What Minhyuk broke to her last night took her emotions to a roller coaster ride. She's both delighted and upset. Delighted that he really has no one and upset that he lies. However, with this, she knew it will be hard for her to trust Minhyuk again. It's the trust she work so hard to give to Minhyuk and in just one lie, it's all gone.

She never knew Minhyuk is capable of this. She don't know if he lied because he's aware of her feelings for him or because he don't like her, which is why he came up with a lie. A lie that distance their relationship apart. She always she knew there would be a distance between them but she never knew the distance will be apart. So far that she won't able to close the space. It's like they're hanging on a cliff, the both of them on a different cliff except, someone will hold out for Minhyuk while nobody does to her.

It's upsetting. She trust Minhyuk so much. She loves him so much but now that she found out he can do things, she's questioning herself already. She knew one thing to do, to never trust Lee Minhyuk again. They can talk, but not like the same. She knew that. "He's enlisting? Out of nowhere?" Changkyun's voice echoes through the living room as he tries walking while not putting pressure on his injury. "What's with him?"

"Fine, I'll contact you" Changkyun end the call, throwing his phone on the couch and approaching her. "Uh did Minhyuk told you?" Changkyun ask, Jia hums shaking her head as no. "He's enlisting to military. I know, right? Out of nowhere? We're in the middle of promotions and he suddenly requested the company to fix his enlistment. Did something happened you might happen to know?" The male continues. Jia shakes her head opening her mouth. "No, he's always like that"

"He always runs away"

"Hey, did something happened? You won't stop him? Or at least talk to him?" Changkyun raise a brow. Jia remains looking down on the stove while stirring the soup she's making. "I can't." She shortly replies. "Or you don't want?" Changkyun returns. "Yes, I don't want to." She admits right away. "You're burning your soup" Changkyun points at the pot. Jia immediately turn off the stove sighing. "What happened? Don't you want to talk about it?"

"Yes, sorry"

"It's cool. I understand. I...oh I forgot." Changkyun scratch his head before occupying a stool. "Huh?" She let out, not understanding the male. "I was gonna say I'm gonna go see Minhyuk before he enlist tomorrow but I have doctor appointment today. To check on this guy" Changkyun point at his injury. "Right. I'll go ahead and change. Eat" She nods placing a bowl of the soup she made. "Okay"

...

Jia grip on the steering wheel, her eyes tying not to look at the endless ads for Minhyuk. His fans were wishing him to return safe, she do wish the same but with the situation they're in, she just can't say anything. "He's everywhere" Changkyun sighs rolling the window down. Jia could not agree more, Minhyuk is really everywhere. "Are you sure you don't want to at least see him?"

"It will take 2 years"

And it took more than 2 years of him lying to her that he has a partner. How upsetting can that be? "We're here" She mumbles pulling over the hospital. "Hey, I'm talking to you. You can't just ignore me like this" Changkyun speaks, annoyed at the girl's attitude. "We're late to your appointment. Let's go already" She exits the car, walking to the opposite side and opening the door for the male.

"Fine, ignore me. I'll ignore you, too"

Jia stood behind Changkyun as the orthopedic checks his injury. It seems to be healing well. "We can remove this now and change it to much lighter one. You can comfortably move but try not to dance for the mean time." The doctor begins to take out the tools he needed. "That's great." Changkyun respond as the orthopedic began to unsealed his injury from endless of bandage.

It was a good five minutes of silence until Jia's phone rings. She immediately took it out and walk out of the room to answer the call without checking the caller, her biggest mistake cause from the other line was none other than Lee Minhyuk. "I'm glad you answered. I'm too ashamed to face you so I told the company I'll enlist. Jia, I'm sincerely so sorry for lying. I know how much you trust me and that I broke it with some nonsense lie I don't even know why I did. I...I'll see you after 2 years?"

"Y..yes, serve well" She don't know what to respond to the male's statement but what she's feeling is her eyes stinging. She wanted to see Minhyuk at least before he leaves. "I...I will. I'll come back safe, while I'm gone please, take care of yourself. I don't think you're capable of that but you're strong. Unlike when we first met" Minhyuk chuckles making Jia's tears fall. She unable to hold it anymore. She wanted to cry out loud and tell Minhyuk to come but she don't know why she can't say a thing.

"Please while I'm gone, try not to get hurt. Do your work well and...I'll try to write letter to you often. Jia, I'm running away because I'm scared of seeing you mad at me. I don't ever wanna see you mad at me but with what I did, I understand. Please tell me you'll be waiting for my future letters" Jia sniffs, with this, she's sure Minhyuk is aware of what she's going through and that she's crying. "I will. I'll be....waiting"

"I'm glad. Don't cry, I can hear you crying. Don't cry because of me, I hate it."

"Please, don't cry" Minhyuk adds, followed by a sound of ruffling hair. Jia knows it, he's crying as well. It's a habit of him to ruffle his hair when he's crying. That only made her cry harder. "I'm gonna miss you" She fails to hold herself and just let it out. "Me too. I'm gonna miss you, so much. Promise me one thing, Jia" Minhyuk clears his throat. "What?"

"That you'll listen to me when I return. I have a lot to say"

"I promise. You better return safe and healthy. I...I love you" She whispers the last words, sniffing as her tears fell again. "I love you, too."

...

"Just like that?" Kihyun questions the older who just ends the call. "You heard everything. Stop forcing me to confess. I'll confess once I return" Minhyuk shrugs continuing to pack his stuff for military. "It's gonna take 2 years. What do you think might happen in the 2 years of your absence? If our group may have a new song or two while you're gone..."

"What do you think for Changkyun and Jia?"

"Stop fucking gaslighting me. Jia is mad at me, she simply answer my call knowing I'm leaving or more like running away. What do you think will she think if I confess to her right after our argument?" Minhyuk raise a brow at Kihyun. "I don't know, reciprocate your feelings?" kihyun shrug. "She'll think it's nonsense! Damn Kihyun, use your sexy brain"

"What nonsense? You know nonsense? It's you taking your precious time when we both know it's gonna be too late when you return!"

Not gonna lie, Minhyuk do think it may be too late when he returns. It's either Jia is with someone else or Changkyun took his chance already. He is very close to Changkyun and if he do like Jia romantically, Minhyuk don't know if he could risk his relationship with Changkyun when it comes to Jia. He just can't give up on Jia. "Whatever. Do what you want. Remember that I warn you about being too late, ok? Serve well"

...

"Drive me to the company" Changkyun sighs getting in the car, the same time as Jia who sat at the driver seat. "Why?" Jia ask starting the engine. "Maybe because I want to release my album and maybe you know, tell the company? Just drive" Changkyun rolls his eyes. "Ok. So mean"

"Are you coming back to work?"

"Of course, I'm afraid you'll be rotting in the streets without paycheck" Changkyun cracks a joke. "Very funny but thank you, I haven't tasted money for a month now just so you know" She replies making a U turn.

"If you got no job, just marry me and you'll live off of luxury"

"That'll be great. I want a dior bag for instance." She replies rolling her eyes.

"Which of those?"