𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Jia untie her heels as she occupy one bench at the rooftop ot the company she work in. It's currently her lunch break and her only escape from people who kept talking about how Changkyun broke up with her-with the rumor of her cheating going around-was to spend her alone time on top of the building. A whimper escape her as she twist her aching foot.

Considering her situation, everyone in the department took advantage of her and boss her around. She never would have known she will be in such a situation. What did she expect anyway. She can't even complain about it. She's use about few thousand of her money for hotel to stay in. She hasn't settled and had the time to look for new apartment. It will be too much if she would return to Changkyun's apartment so she never do.

Jia pull one wet wipes she had brought, lifting her legs and wiping her bleeding foot. It's always her foot, she don't even know why. "Come down here" The call was hung up before she could respond. Jia took a deep breath slipping her foot in her heels again before standing up and exiting the rooftop, leaving her untouch lunch.

Jia exits the lift, her eyes hitting Changkyun who was walking in the hallway, wearing a black shirt, jeans and a coat over. Jia gulps moving her foot and holding the moan of pain that was threatening to escape her. Her chest ache more than her bruised foot when Changkyun walk pass her, not even glancing at her. Her head follow the disappearing back of Changkyun before she yank away the tears threatening to fall down her cheeks.

"All of this?" She ask staring at the endless paper to be distributed to each table. "Of course. You think you have the privilege to play clean because you used to be Mr. Im's girlfriend? Distribute everything before everyone returns from lunch" Her supervisor replies. "If you could give me a minute to get shoes, please, I'll glady do the work" She began to interrogate, sweat forming on her forehead. "I have a meeting in two hours. Finish that and prepare the meeting room #2"

Jia took a deep breath bending and unsealing the boxes of paper before grabbing two bundles and walking over to a table to distribute everything. Jia continue her work, not minding her foot that was hurting. "It will be done soon. Don't cry" She speaks by herself as grab more bundles of paper. "Really." She mumbles bending her knees and letting her tears fall. The only thing she want right now was to go to Changkyun but she can't do that anymore. Maybe resigning is her greatest choice, she don't have to bear these kind of treatments. Why is she settling for this?

Jia drag her foot, pulling the screen down a level everyone in the room can see before returning to the door to distribute water on each seat. Jia halts feeling something dripping on her foot. She look down only to see bruises on her left foot. She took a deep breath continuing her work, the same time the door opens revealing the rest of the employee. She immediately get out of the way, walking over to the door as she's done with her work. But before she could exit, she stumble upon Changkyun who has his eyes set on her foot.

Changkyun clears his throat walking pass her. Jia took this chance to get out and limp towards the couch at the hallway. Jia pull out her wet wipes and slowly wipes the liquid oozing out of her wound. Out of nowhere, tears builds up on the corner of her eyes and not long after, it streams down her face. "I hate this" She bawl her eyes out. "Oh, my. Jia? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Jia lift her head only to see Im Chaeyeon in front of her. "Oh sorry. Nothing" She wipes her cheeks, sniffing. "Are you sure? Here, I have some time to spare" The lady sat beside her. "Should I call Changkyun to check on you?" The lady adds. Jia gulps, Changkyun hasn't told his Mom yet. "Uh...we broke up" She admits. "He broke up with me"

"It's all over the company, that's why they're treating you like this"

"I'm fine. I can endure it. It will probably stop in a few days" She replies. "Mom, we're starting" Changkyun push the glass door. His eyes setting on her state for a few seconds before lingering back to his Mom. "I have to go. Take care, Jia"

...

Jia took a deep breath, lifting her hand and pressing the door bell. The door soon burst open, revealing Jooheon. She was expecting Changkyun to open the door. "You're here. Come in" Jooheon brightly greets. "No, I'm here to get-" She was interrupted by Changkyun. "It's there. I packed it already" Changkyun calls from inside. "This is hers?" Jooheon ask dragging a small suitcase. "Right. Thank you. Then, I'll go ahead" Jooheon, who seems confused at everything nods before he was force to shut the door.

"What was I expecting?" She mumbles bending and opening the luggage. She pull out a pair of sneakers before closing the luggage and sitting on it. She untie the heels around her foot and carefully pull it out. Jia bit her lip, taking a deep breath and pulling a socks on before tying her sneakers on. "Let's go. It's no use crying" She mumbles zipping her suitcase and pulling it with her.

"You act so cold yet you watch her" Jooheon speaks. Changkyun sighs turning the screen off and returning inside. "Do you know how much I tried to hold myself?" Changkyun let out, sitting back on the couch where they occupy with the whiskeys lying on the coffee table. "What?" Jooheon replies, not understanding what he's saying. "She was being push in work, everyone was treating her like a trash and she don't get to have her lunch because of the endless works she was given"

"It's my first time seeing Jia cry a lot in less than a day"

"When I saw how bad her bruised foot look like, I almost cried at her state. When I heard her telling my Mom I broke up with her, I wanted to get out and say I can still accept her. When I saw her eating her lunch alone in the rooftop, I wanted to join her. She's always alone these days. Nobody hangs out with her and I so badly want to accompany her."

"What's stopping you?"

"I don't know. She lied to me, Jooheon. I am so jealous of Minhyuk that he's always the reaps we fought but while I'm at work, she visits him. I feel so disappointed and hurt" He finishes. Jooheon sighs pouring a portion on his glass. "You know...during the four days. Jia goes to work at 8am and got off at 5am, earlier than her expected off but she sacrifice three hours of hourly payment from work to visit Minhyuk." Jooheon began. Changkyun look down on his lashes, listening to everything the older says.

"She took care of Minhyuk while we're working. She haven't had a blink of sleep for Minhyuk but I never heard her complain about it. For me, I think it's worth it that she lied to you. Why? Because Minhyuk is someone important to her. I think that's the part you don't understand. Minhyuk is someone important to Jia, despite the fact that Minhyuk likes her and she used to liked him"

"Minhyuk is important to Jia and sadly, you can't change that"

"There are things that you cannot control. Fine, let's say you're her boyfriend and there's nothing wrong getting jealous. It's normal to get jealous because you love Jia." Jooheon openly discuss. Changkyun remain quiet, listening to everything Jooheon has to say. "The problem is, you try to understand their relationship but not further. You get me? Changkyun, Jia is not an item. She's not a doll you can control. You cannot tell her whom to care about, who to see and who to bond with. I think, you should try to talk to her."

"Do you know how many times I tried to understand her?"

"I've given her a lot of chance to tell me if it's me or Minhyuk" Changkyun began. "She would always say she's over Minhyuk so I believed her. Although I know it's easy to say but hard to show, I believe her. But hyung, everytime I would mention Minhyuk, do you know what kind of reaction she has? It's the reaction I want her to show me. It pained me knowing she can have that reaction for someone but not for me. So, you think I haven't understood everything further?"

"I can never replace Minhyuk. It's not a matter of time, I could just never be Minhyuk"