𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

Changkyun walk out of the producer's offices taking out his phone to dial Jia who decided to stay in the car. He was so close into pressing the call button when he spots Minhyuk across the hallway. He don't know what has gotten into him but he felt slight annoyance towards Minhyuk. Is it because he heard Jia say I love you to him that he's jealous or the fact that he decided to enlist amidst of their busy schedule? He don't know. "Changkyun"

"Asshole"

That was the word that came out of him. Even he himself was surprise. "Uh I understand that you're upset but please, take care of Jia" Minhyuk clears his throat, he was taken aback at Changkyun's sudden choice of word. "Oh I will cause you can't. While you're gone, I want you to know that I'll try to get Jia" Changkyun let out causing Minhyuk to have his fist balled. "What do you mean?"

"I like Jia. We kissed, not only once, did she tell you that?"

"She did. But she never mentioned it happened more than once" Minhyuk mumbles. "She like it. So, wish me luck. Maybe by the time you return, Jia's my girl already" Changkyun shrugs. "Did you bid goodbye to your girlfriend?" He adds. Minhyuk took a deep breath, nodding. "That's great. Anyway, serve well. Come back safe" Changkyun pat the older's shoulder and was about to go when Minhyuk speaks.

"Do you sincerely likes Jia?"

"It's up to you to believe it. I know you love Jia" Changkyun grin facing the male who's already looking at him. "It's too obvious. The girlfriend part, I knew it's fake. You have known Jia for so long, just from the part that she never met your girlfriend once, it's suspicious." Changkyun nods his head. "If you can trick the rest of the member, differentiate me from them. Although, I think Jia found out about the fake girlfriend that's why she's upset and won't even mention you, her best friend"

"You like Jia, that's why you lied. Because you're a coward who cannot take the risk"

"Changkyun, if you ever do try to get with Jia. Take care of her well. Uh she prefer pasta over meat and she's a strong drinker but is sloppy when drunk. Don't get drunk when you're with her, she tends to not know what to do when she's with a drunk person" Minhyuk rub his palm together. Now Changkyun feels bad. Minhyuk sincerely loves Jia. "Hey, why are you speaking like that?"

"I...I may be too late when I return so I want you to know everything in case things turn out great." Minhyuk nods. "I...sorry. I can tell you like Jia for so long now but, I...I just can't give up on her" Changkyun replies, feeling bad for his brother. "No worries. Don't worry about me and...try to make Jia happy."

"I..I will, hyung"

...

Jia keeps her eyes on the road upon her. Changkyun has been quiet since they left the company. She just knew something happened and it's connected to Minhyuk. She don't dare to ask but the silence is so deafening. It's like something eerie is getting in her ear. It was silence, just like she said, when her phone rings. Taking it out of her pocket, she answer the call. "Hello?"

She frowns as nobody respond to her, she stops the car as traffic cooperates with them. She lets go of the steering wheel looking at the caller ID. "Minhyuk? What's wrong?" She speaks at the phone again. "Err...are you home now? I mean, you still with Changkyun?" Minhyuk finally speaks. "Yes, there's a traffic."

"Uh do you maybe want to have dinner?"

"Jia, let's go somewhere tonight. I need your opinion on something" Changkyun calls, eyes train on his phone. "Uh..I can't. Changkyun's manager hadn't return yet. He needs company for something" She starts the engine again as the traffic finally moves. "What time do you think you're available? Today" Minhyuk desperately replies. "I don't think I can do today. Can't you say it on the phone?"

"You have something to say" She mumbles. "I do. I have a lot to say. Can't...can't you just let me see you tonight? I'm not sure if I'll be able to have the chance again" Minhyuk respond. "Sorry." She want to see him, too. But her work is her priority. Maybe not but she's not ready to see Minhyuk after their argument. "Is this still about the argument? Look, I want to see you to explain everything and no, I cannot fucking do it over the phone"

"I'm sorry. Talk to me once you calm down" She sighs ending the call and tossing her phone in her bag. Jia gulps the lump in her throat feeling her eyes stinging with tears again. Not so long later, they reach Changkyun's place. "Go ahead first, I...I need to get fresh air" She clears her throat. "Jia, let's go in together"

"Stop being so persistent and just listen to me for once. I'm so tired and I need time alone" She freaks out. Even her is surprise by her burst but she regret nothing. "I understand" Changkyun respond getting off the car. "Return safe" She nods starting the engine again and driving off.

Changkyun watch his own car drive off before taking his phone out in anger. Dialing Minhyuk, he clench his jaw. "Come out of your goddamn car" He speaks on the phone, eyes staring at the black car across the street. The car he's staring at burst open and it reveals Minhyuk, hair shave and is dress casual. The older cross the street until he reach Changkyun. "What the hell is your problem?!" Changkyun burst. "Changkyun..."

"Everything was fine, Jia had diverted her mind off of you, why do you have to mess things up?"

"I...I simply want to talk to her, at least before I go" Minhyuk admits. "Of course you do! You have a lot of shit to say. Jia don't want to talk to you nor want to see you, why can't you understand and read the room?!" Changkyun shouts. Just then, a car pull up revealing the rest of the member except Hyungwon. "Minhyuk" Jooheon calls. "I tried! Trust me, I'm trying! I just can't let go of Jia!" Minhyuk shouts back. "What the hell is wrong with you two?! Why are you fighting here of all places?!" Hyunwoo scolds but the two younger ignores him.

"Let go of her. Can't you see?! Jia don't want to see you!"

"Changkyun, use proper language" Kihyun butt in, as he understands what kind of situation Minhyuk is in. "What? Because he's older and he knows what he should know and I don't?! Stop fucking using your age to deal with the situation, I know what to do." Changkyun fights back. "Are you sure you do? All you do is defend yourself. You're doing this because you don't understand the situation"

"I do understand the situation! And I hate that I was around Jia all the time and all she think about was this guy! The guy that lied to her because he's a coward to deal with his feelings"

It was a deafening silence after that. Changkyun knows he hit a spot and Kihyun, who knows what's going on with Minhyuk, knows as well. Changkyun speaks the facts. "Speak. Defend yourself! Why are you like this?!" Changkyun shouts at Minhyuk who's silent. "You're right. I'm a coward" Minhyuk speaks. "Minhyuk" Kihyun calls. "I lied to Jia that I have a partner because I'm scared of ruining what we have" Minhyuk continues. "I work so hard to hide my romantic feelings to her but Changkyun, I regret nothing"

"I don't want to let go of Jia and at the same time, I want you to have her."

Changkyun remain on his spot, Hoseok and Jooheon holding him whine Kihyun and Hyunwoo were holding Minhyuk. "You're my friend. I don't want ruined us because of this kind of problem. I have no rights of Jia but Changkyun, I'll tell Jia everything. Once I return" Minhyuk took a deep breath. "What if I'm with her the moment you return?" It's exactly the same thing Kihyun has said.

"It sucks then. But my fault as well, I took my precious time"

"Why are you two fighting over a woman?" Jooheon mumbles. Changkyun don't know as well. He don't know why he's arguing with Minhyuk over a woman who he barely knows. "There are women out there. Why does it have to be complicated? Why do you have to fall in love with the same person? It's not like Jia can multiply herself. Poor Jia" Jooheon point out.

"You know she'll feel bad if she finds out about this, stop fighting" Hoseok speaks as well. "No, Jia won't know anything" Minhyuk wipe his soaking cheeks and standing straight. "Jia should not know about this. Nobody will mention this to Jia" Minhyuk sniffs. "Hyung..."

"I'll leave in silence. I...I'll talk to Jia once I return."