𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗍𝗐𝗈

"Your place is not bad" Changkyun comments as he look around Jia's old room. Jia remain sitting on her bed as she watch sweat tricks down the male's forehead. "Have a seat already. It's too hot" She sighs. "I mean, it is quite a good environment but I don't think I can sleep if my children will live in a place like this" The male continues. "I know so take a seat already" She whines earning a chuckle from the male who finally took a seat.

"I told you it's a bad idea to go here. Look at you, you're sweating already" She sighs pulling a tissue and handing it to Changkyun who grab the paper and wipe his forehead. "So you grew up here? Until when were you staying here?" Changkyun hums. "Until 19. I left for Seoul at 19" She openly answers. "And you met Minhyuk at 22?" She nods at that. "You know, when I saw your Mom at the farm earlier, I almost turn the wheel around. I can't stand the muds."

Not even an hour since Changkyun said those words, Jia found herself watching the male stepping in the mud, with her own Mom leading him. "Like this?" Changkyun ask the old woman who nods. "Mom! Stop it! We're going back now" She shouts, stepping in the mud with her boots on. "Hey, be careful. You'll stain my clothes" Changkyun worriedly calls. "Get off there now. Mom, we're going back." She pull the male up. "So soon? I was thinking of cooking for you"

"No need. You're making him do this as if we came here for labor"

...

Three days after the traumatising visit of Changkyun to Jia's place, Changkyun found himself in his parents home as he pack all his remaining things. He was thinking of buying a new and bigger house so he's getting all his stuff and emptying his bedroom. "Are you leaving?" Chanhyun stood at the door. "Yes. I'm buying a new house" He respond, sealing the box. "Shall I help you?"

"No, I don't need you"

That came out of him suddenly and he halts, gulping. "God. You're so distant even though we're in the same room, what about now that you're leaving for Jia?" Chanhyun awkwardly spoke. "Hyung, I grew up independent. Please understand that if I didn't need you when I was young, what about now that I'm grown up?" He response, clearing his throat. "I wanted to sort this problem between us but with how distant you are, I don't think I'll be able to talk this through with you properly."

"This is how it is now, stop trying"

Changkyun hold those words for so long to tell his older brother. He has been holding those words since he was young and only now he get to say it out loud. "Are you giving up? It's only the two of us" That frustrates him and he threw the object he's holding, standing up, his chest rising and falling. "Exactly! It's only the two of us, why have you let me live like that?!" He burst, his anger getting in the way. "Kyun.."

"Don't fucking Kyun me. I spent years listening to Dad compare us and every word he would spit out hurts like shit and what did you do? What do you do?!" He shouts. Just then, their Mom walk to the door at the commotion but he pays no attention and continue. "Do you know how much that hurt me?! I'm always waiting for you to defend me from Dad, every time we would be in the same dining and Dad will start, I kept waiting for you to speak up for me. You all of people know how much passion I have for what I am right now but why?!"

"Why can't you defend me? You're my brother"

"Eventually, I gave up. I gave up on waiting. I came to realization that nothing will change anymore. The damage I had, the bruise inside me and everything. You can't do anything about it anymore" He continues. "Stop it, you two. Stop fighting, you're just angry. Let's talk once you calm down" His Mom butt in, stepping in the room and was tearing up at her younger's burst. "I'm asking you. How come you never step up for me?" Changkyun repeats his question.

"Because I'm scared"

"I am older and I had to be a great example to you. I did Dad as said and do anything he wants so you could be anything you want. I didn't know my own sacrifice is both your happiness and your sadness. I didn't know it will affect you no matter what choice I do. When I notice you're starting to distance yourself from me and the world, I knew I fuck up. I should have become what I truly want to be. I shouldn't have done that."

"It kept bothering me knowing we were so close and we are always together but suddenly, you distance yourself. You never talk to me again nor spare me a glance. When you became a trainee in a company, I was so happy and wanted to take you out to celebrate but you shut me off. You said you're tired from training. I didn't know you were already pushing me away. Talk to me again, Kyun. I'm your brother"

"I have no brother"

He declares, pulling the box up and walking past the older. He step out of the room, tears streaming down his cheeks as he rush down the stairs. "Son! Don't do this. Don't go without fixing everything with Chanhyun" His Mom rush to him. "You don't have to try now, Mom. I know you're seeking help from a therapist just to fix us"

"No therapy could fix what's not working from the first place"

"Let's go" He calls at Jia who slowly approach them. He walk straight to the door. "I'll go talk to him" Jia calls at the old woman and run out, following the male. "In" Changkyun held the door. She immediately sit in as Changkyun close the door softly before walking to the other side and sitting on the driver seat. "I want silence, Jia. Don't ask" Jia nods at that. She figured Changkyun needs some quiet time before she ask.

Upon arriving back home, Jia watch Changkyun place the box on the floor and went straight to the bedroom, shutting the door behind him. She sighs stripping her shoes and entering the living room. Her eyes went to the clock, it's almost dinner. She don't know if Changkyun is in the mood to even eat. After what happened, she knew it won't be easy to fix it this time.

When the clock hits 8pm, Changkyun walk out of the bedroom, one hand holding a pillow. His soft black hair falling on his face as he walk towards Jia who's sitting at the couch. "I ordered food. Have a seat" Jia calls. He walk towards the couch, placing the pillow on the floor and lying down. His head on the female's lap. "I'm tired" He calls, shutting his eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?" Jia cautiously ask.

"No"

"Can I say something?" Jia ask again. He hums as yes. "I think you should settle everything with Chanhyun. He's trying and I know you want to fix things with him too. It will be the best if you would fix things with him" Jia spoke. "I want to fix things with him too but I don't know how to express it. I'm having a hard time" He response, his eyes remaining close. "What do you mean you're having a hard time? Just say what your heart is saying."

"It's not as easy as it sounds"

Just then, the door bell rang. "It's the food" Jia calls. "I'll get it" He grunt, pulling himself up and walking to the door. "Thank you" He close the door upon accepting the goods Jia had bought. "Let's eat" Jia calls, unwrapping the bag and taking the chicken out. "Are you allowed to have beer? You just got out of surgery" He ask, holding a pair of disposable chopsticks. "It's fine. At this situation, chicken and beers are the best to eat"

"You're just looking for excuses to drink"