𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗈𝗇𝖾

Jia walk out of the conference room, her eyes on the file she's carrying when her phone rang. She fish out her phone out of her pocket, answering Changkyun's call. "Hello?" She ask, lifting the phone in her ear. "We jusf finished. I'll have dinner with them and head home. Are you still at the company?" Changkyun hums from the other line. "I'm about to go home. Just preparing." She answers, entering the office. "We might drink a few glass so I'll be back late."

"Okay." She nods, ending the call and grabbing her bag and wearing it over her body. She then began to exit the building and making her way at the corner of the road to wait for a taxi to hail. "Yes, Minju?" She answers the call. "Where are you? Let's have dinner with Doil. I'm almost at your company. Oh there you are" Minju pull over to her. "Right timing. Your treat, right?" She smiles, entering the car. "Of course. Let's go"

"But I can't drink" She respond. "Why not?" Minju ask back. "Minju, let's head to your clinic quick." She calls. "Why? Are you sick?" Minju give her a short look. "No, perform an ultra sound to me. I'm pregnant" She smiles. "Wow. Really? Sure. Let's go, then"

Hyun unlock the door, stepping in. Her head in daze and her heart broken. She wanted to lash out or at least cry but none of it is happening. Her heart ache so much. "Hey, how was dinner? I-what happened?" Changkyun approach her. Slowly, she look up on the male and that's when her tears fell. Her shoulder shakes as she cry her eyes out. "What happened?"

"Changkyun, I'm sorry" She mumbles handing over the paper she got from Minju to the male. Changkyun frowns opening the paper only to frown at what he sees. "Did you go to the doctor?" Changkyun ask. "Yes. Minju said that my body is quite young yet that it did not give the baby enough nutrients that's why it has no heartbeat. He said to tell you and let you bring me to the hospital to take it out of me" She explains, her tears falling. "Shh. No, it's okay" The male softly pull her to a hug. "It's okay, don't cry"

...

"Miscarriage?" Changkyun hums, looking down on Jia who's asleep on his arm. Her eyes puffy from crying. "I saw online that it's normal to you know...have failed pregnancy but Jia is taking it differently" He sighs, running his hand on the female's back. "Yeah, it is normal. You two are still young besides, you can try again. Comfort her, she'll be fine in a few days. Just distract her" Minhyuk explains from the other side. Funny how Changkyun would always bicker with Minhyuk regard Jia but here he is now, talking to Minhyuk.

"How about a vacation?"

Morning came and Changkyun awoke early, packing up his own clothes and Jia's. When the clock hits 9am, the female stir in her sleep before opening her eyes and sighing. "What's with the sigh? Let's go. We'll go to the hospital" Changkyun calls, sitting at the corner of the bed. "Why aren't you asking more?" Jia welcomes. "I don't need to. We can try again next time so try not to think about it. Let's go"

...

"I'm gonna wait for you here" Changkyun calls earning a weak nod from Jia who's lying down and being push by nurses in the operation room. "Will she be fine?" He ask Minhyuk and Kihyun. "She'll be fine. She's strong" Minhyuk answers, eyes set on the closed door. "My legs feel jelly" He sighs sitting down and massaging his legs. "You just lose your kid, you fine with that?" Kihyun raise a brow. To be honest, when he saw the test he was sad but seeing Jia's state, he can't bear to be emotional as well.

"I'm just telling myself that Jia is more emotional than me, I can't cry with her"

"Look at you. I'm smelling wedding" Kihyun teases, earning a chuckle from Minhyuk as they await for the younger's response. "I can't. At least not yet. Jia don't seem ready. She never talk about wedding and all. Plus, I haven't met her family yet. She rarely mention anything about her family" He response, taking a deep breath. "I think her Mom is a housewife and her Dad works in an office. She haven't mentioned anything?"

"No."

"How about visiting her parents after this?" Minhyuk suggest. Changkyun sighs, shaking his head. "Jia has to rest for about a week. It's a minor surgery but she has to rest. I'm beyond worried how she'll accept this" He respond, staring at the close door.

...

2 weeks flew by and Jia found herself slump on the couch inside Changkyun's apartment. Changkyun has been telling her to not think about it but she can't. She can't grasp the fact that she just lost a baby. Changkyun's baby, to be specific. It's way too good to be true, she has to accept it. "I bought food" Changkyun sang, arriving from the company. Jia sit up as Changkyun place the bag on the coffee table and run to the kitchen and returning with two pairs of utensils and plate.

"You're back so soon?" She ask accepting the utensils while Changkyun unpack the foods. "Yeah, we have to pack" Changkyun nods. "Pack? Did you not pay the rent? I'll pay for it" She respond making Changkyun chuckles. "I bought this already, cash. What I meant was, we're going to vacation. It's an island and we'll stay there for a week" The male briefly explains as she let out an oh, realization hitting her. "Jia" Changkyun calls, she hums chewing her food.

"Don't think about it too much. We can have baby again. This time, planned and expecting"

"Besides, we have a lot of chance to do it" She frowns, meeting the male's eyes. "What do you mean?" She ask, in case, she got it wrong. "You know what I mean. We're in the age. Although I plan to get married at 35, I don't mind having a baby with you at 27" Changkyun grin. "Eat up. We have to pack" The male adds. "You know...nevermind" She cut to the chase and look back on the television behind the male. "What?"

"Nothing" She look away. "I'm gonna propose to you, don't worry about it. Were you thinking I'm gonna impregnate you without marrying you? I'm not like that" Changkyun assures, laughing at her flustered reaction. "Do you plan to get married at all?" She ask, blinking. "Yeah, at 35. But I'm 27 and met you. I want to rush everything now that we're together. But everything it's up to you, if you're not ready, I can wait"

"No, I'm ready. I can wear a gown right now"

Changkyun chuckles, nodding. "Me too. I'm ready" He respond, taking a bite of his food. "Shall we go meet your parents soon?" He adds, remembering Jia never mention anything about her family. "No, you can't" Jia respond in a hurry. "Why not? You're from Busan, right? Let's go there tomorrow. Our vacation is set next week though. We have time. Let's go there, Jia" He pleads. "Are you sure you want to go? Despite my parents having decent job, they like the farm and was there almost everyday. They're gonna make you do unnecessary things"

"I'm fine. Let's go tomorrow. I want to meet them" He push further. "Don't say I did not warn you, okay?" He nods, acknowledging what Jia said. "How come you rarely talk about your parents?" He ask, opening a can of soda. "I don't know. You never ask" She shrugs, turning the channel. "Oh! I used to watch this with..." Changkyun narrow his eyes, waiting for Jia to finish. He knew she was talking about Minhyuk, he just wants to hear it from her. "Nevermind. I got tired of that movie"

"Jia, I'm fine with it now"

"Huh?" Jia look at him. "You mentioning Minhyuk and talking about him. It's no use not talking about him and me forbidding you to see him. Go. You're free. But you should be aware that I'm your boyfriend and not him. I want you to set your own boundaries. I want you to be aware of how far you can go with him and how much you can offer him as a friend. I hope this time there's no feelings involve." He admits everything in his head. He speak everything out loud. "Changkyun, thank you. I did hurt you a lot of times because of this unrequited loved I have for Minhyuk. I want to apologize"

"I accept your apology, then"