𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

When the night came, Changkyun decided to stay at the female's apartment. They lie down in bed, it's clear that Jia is still upset but eventually fallen asleep with him holding her in his chest. Changkyun stay as close as possible to her. Despite the fact that they fought and it's quite big this time, he won't leave her alone and upset by herself. He promise himself to fix everything the next day. He has to. He can't lose Jia.

He's currently facing a lot of problems, he hate himself for cursing at Jia whenever it's inconvenient and he hates it that he can't control himself. He knew he has to do something with his patience but he don't know where to start. He shouldn't be insecure and threaten, like what Jia always say but he can't help it. He don't know where all the confidence he has gone to but he's facing a shortage of confidence.

Changkyun sighs pulling Jia closer to him, leaning his chin on her head while she sleep soundly. He run his palm on her back, up and down as he shut his eyes close. "I'm sorry" He mumbles before drifting off to sleep.

...

Changkyun woke up the next day, it's 10am already but since he has no schedule ahead, he don't mind sleeping in. When he woke up, Jia was no longer beside him. He sit up, fixing his bed hair before a yawn escape his lips. "Changkyun" Jia appears, holding her phone screen out. "What is it?" He ask, still half asleep.

"The company terminated my contract"

"What do you mean?" He ask softly grabbing the phone and read the email Starship has sent to Jia. "No reason? Just because?" He look up. "I don't know" Jia calmly replies. "Why are you so calm about this? You're jobless now" He raise a brow. "I can just find another job. I major in business, I can work in offices" Jia sat on the corner of the bed, retrieving her device back. "Yeah, like I'm there."

"You can continue with your work. I'll apply to companies out there"

"Are you sure?" The male held her hand. "Yes, we can contact each other while we work. Although, I don't know if some company will need my skills in business" Jia shrug browsing through her phone. "My parents-" Changkyun starts but was interrupted by Jia. "How about I work at a clothing brand? At least my skills in art can still be use, what do you think?" Jia interjected. "I was speaking. Anyway, sure. As long as it's not underwear or stuffs"

"Do you know Lim Chaeyeon?"

Changkyun heaves a breath at the mention of his Mom. He rarely mentions his Mom. It's Im not Lim. Goddamn. "I attended her lecture for one semester and do you think I can...uh apply for her?" Jia hesitates. "Yeah, why not? Are you doubting yourself?" He raise a brow, deciding to tell Jia about his family next meeting. "I mean, her company. Do you know who are the models there?" Jia ask. Changkyun frowns, trying to recall who had modeled his Mom's brand. Aside from him, who else?

"You. You model her clothes. How can you forget about Lim Chaeyeon? She's a word class"

...

Changkyun pull over to his parent's household. He recalls that his Mom is always at home and barely visits the company since, as she said, she's just the foot of it, not the heart. What a nonsense. As for his father, he was a scientist. He don't know if he still does things these days considering his age. Anyway, Changkyun got off his car, shutting the door and entering the huge house.

"Good morning, Mr. Im" A maid greets which he just waves off as he enter the living room further. "Ms. Song" He calls, the old lady who took care of him approach him with a huge a smile. Changkyun smiles back embracing the old woman. "Ms. Song, don't tell me" He frowns at the smell erupting from the kitchen. "Your Mom said she'll try baking. Although, it's not going well" Ms. Song answers. Changkyun shakes his head entering the kitchen.

"Are you making coal?"

"My son!" His Mom screams running to him and embracing him right away. "Mom, find another hobby. Baking is not for you" He speaks looking down on the burnt cookies on the pan. "You haven't even taste them yet" His Mom frowns. "I don't think it's edible" He replies pulling a can of soda and occupying a stool. "So? What brings you here? Better be sure you bring good news" His Mom beams. "What good news?"

"You need something"

"I need something" He admits earning a laugh from his Mom. "Definitely not money. You earn as much as money I earn" His Mom answers raising a brow. "Do you have a spot in the company?" He went straight ahead. "Of course not. My company is complete, why?" His Mom answers. "Make a spot. For my..." He hesitates, not knowing what word to use for Jia. "Your girlfriend"

"Yes, give her a spot. She said she attended one semester of lecture to you. She envies you so much so, make a spot for her" He shrugs. "I will, if you'll model my brand new clothes" His Mom bribes. "Mom! I said no! I don't want to. My face is all over your brand. If it's not me, it's Jooheon. No" He whines. "Then, no spot for your girlfriend"

"Argh!" He whines like a child. "Show me a picture" He gives in. His Mom chuckles taking out her phone and showing him the photo. It's a denim jacket along with it's pair. The setting will be him modelling it with nothing inside. He knew it. He's fine with it but he's been showing skin too much that he's worried Jia cannot take it. "I don't think she'll like this, Mom" He look up. "Is she a jealous type?"

"I'm more of a jealous type. She never really admits she's jealous but still, this is too revealing. How about Jooheon?" He suggest raising a brow. "No, my Honey is too cute to model stuffs like this. I'll get him if we have winter bear collection" His Mom jokes. "Mom!" He whines. "How long are you two together?" His Mom swiftly change the topic. "We're not yet together but we're going there."

"So you're just a suitor? I knew my son has no rizz"

...

Jia walk around supermarket later that night, Changkyun has gone out with his Mom, as he said and ask her to just meet him home and since she's already out, she decided to buy food for them to have together. She had just gone back from Starship asking why they terminate her contract suddenly. The registrar only said that it's because they have too much staff sorry and that Changkyun is not even under Starship. Which made her only accept her fate. She cannot argue with that. Changkyun is her boss, not the company.

"That would be great with a white denim shorts and a long brown coat" Jia turn her figure in surprise, still holding the brown turtle neck. "Lim Chaeyeon, right?" She tries to be calm. "Uh I attended your class. Batch 13? I...uh I had the highest grade during that batch. You probably don't remember me" She mumbles. "Oh right. I remember. You're a student of mine" Lim Chaeyeon beams. Jia nods, smiling. "I remember you now. Shin Jia, right? You grow your hair"

"Right." She smiles returning the turtle neck and looking around. Still holding the plastic of food she had bought for Changkyun. "Where are you working right now?" Lim Chaeyeon ask. "Uh I'm unemployed. Currently. I'm actually..trying to get a spot in your company." She face the woman. "Really? Young women are really-"

"Mom, I-Jia"

Jia look between the two. Lim Chaeyeon and Im Changkyun. What's the relationship between the two? She don't know but they're together. And he calls her Mom. She's surprise and confuse at the same time. "Changkyun, what..." She mumbles. "You know each other? Changkyun, she was a student of mine. Remember her? Back then, I was asking you to date her" Lim Chaeyeon chuckles. Now that the older woman mention it, Jia had recollection back then when Lim Chaeyeon tries setting her up with his son.

"Uh Mom, Jia is my...girl"

Changkyun admits it, walking towards her. Jia force a smile, bowing and greeting the Mom of her man. "Oh" Lim Chaeyeon let out. "What?!" The female gasp. "I never thought you'll meet like this but Mom, she's the girl I'm telling you about" Changkyun panics at the situation. "Uh hello, let me formally introduce myself. I'm Shin Jia, 25 and yeah, unemployed"

"So, what did you like in my son? He's definitely not fun around"