𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

The next day, Jia knew it will be another difficult day so she decided to wear comfortable clothes such as plain white top, trouser and a pair of white sneakers. Just like as she expected, here she is, wiping the machines clean. This is not what she sign up for but she cannot have the guts to complain. Not when people think she got in the company because of Changkyun. Jia drop the wet towel she's holding, answering her ringing phone.

"Hello?" She greets. "Minhyuk is getting discharged today. I'll contact you to have dinner later" Kihyun replies. "Sure, I'll be there. Call me" She force a smile. "Sure. See you" She hums ending the call. Jia sighs feeling sweat forming on her forehead. Something was making her feel uneasy and her body feels a lot heavier than usual. So heavy that she don't feel so well.

"Why the hell are you on your phone?!" Her supervisor shouts, sprinting towards her. Jia don't know why she did not move but she froze on her spot, her grip on the device tightening. "I'm sorry, a friend of mine just called" She speaks in defense. "Work is work. You're not earning money here so you can use your phone. Do your goddamn work! You don't have any privilege to freely do anything!" just like that, the device was yank from her hand and thrown across the room, shattering it to pieces.

Tears just started building up on the corner of her eyes remembering Changkyun gave that phone to her. "I'm sorry" She bows, looking down. Her tears slowly streaming down her cheeks. She slowly walk towards her shattered device, bending and inspecting the damage. Her supervisor sighs, leaving the room. Jia bit her lips, she don't know how to handle these kind of treatment anymore. Jia took a deep breath wiping her cheeks and tries opening the device but it did not budge.

"I hate this" She mumbles standing up and taking a deep breath. Jia look back on the clock, seeing it almost lunch time. She can take this chance to repair her phone. Jia walk out of the room she was in, approaching the lift which soon opens. To her surprise, it was Changkyun inside. Jia expects the male to leave but she found out he's going down too so she slid in. Jia puff her cheeks, taking multiple deep breaths to calm herself. She can feel her air lacking and she assume that she's panicking so she took multiple breaths to calm herself.

"What happened?"

That was the first question Changkyun ask since he broke up with her. "Huh?" She replies, in case she got it wrong. "You're crying too much these days. I assume it wasn't because of me" Changkyun replied, not gazing at her. "Oh. No. It's not because of you." She clears her throat, looking back on her broken phone. The ride in the lift were longer than she expected but maybe because Changkyun is with her. Changkyun sighs, taking a deep breath.

"Don't you have something to tell me?"

Jia reacts at that and she unexpectedly just started crying. She wanted to go for a hug from Changkyun to at least lessen the burden she's facing but she can't find the strength to do so. "I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm crying" She then sprint out of lift, walking towards the exit leaving the company. She can't just face anyone right now.

...

Jia enters the hotel she's currently staying at, she had just gone home from dinner with Kihyun and Minhyuk. Minhyuk can now see but has to wear anti radiation glasses due to his eyes still fragile from any risky UV rays. It was a good dinner but her appetite was gone and her mouth was looking for something else so she walk over to the kitchen, pulling the fridge open. Her eyes scan the fridge until it landed on a packed frozen seafood.

Jia pull out a pan to butterize the shrimp right after washing it. But when the scent of the seafood came in her nostrils, she gag and vomit on the sink. Jia's heart beat rapidly against her chest. She never reacted this way to such a food. "It can't be" She mumbles running to the bathroom, where she found a cabinet to look for pregnancy test. There's nothing wrong checking but she has to check it. Jia sighs in annoyance finding nothing before she decided to go out and buy one.

Entering the pharmacy, the cold conditioner raise goosebumps over her entire body before she walk over to the counter. "Hi, what can I get you?" The pharmacist greets. "Two of these" She points at the pregnancy test and pull out her wallet. Her eyesight blurring as the feeling of unwell rising through her body. "Here you go"

Jia exits the place, her hand rubbing her flat stomach. Part of her prays that her hunch is wrong and that she's not pregnant but somehow, she's looking forward to the result.

Reaching back to the hotel, Jia goes straight to the bathroom, beginning her test. She waited a few minutes for the result to come out and when the more than 5 minutes came, she stood grabbing the test. Her heart beat through her ribs as she spot two identical result. Positive. She's pregnant. She don't know what to feel. Considering the situation she's in, she can't bear to be pregnant at this situation. She's not in good terms with Changkyun and she hasn't found a place to live in.

...

"Your baby is a month old now. You came here at the right time for check ups. Currently, the baby is healthy and holding out well. Are you a first time Mom? Where's the Dad?" The doctor smiles at her. Jia sighs taking a deep breath. "Yes, I'm a first time Mom. But, I don't know if I want to keep...the baby" She admits. "Are you planning to abort it?"

"What? No! Not at all. I just...sorry. I found it out suddenly. I just never expected this" She sighs forcing a smile. "You have to eat healthy for the baby and please, next time, come with the baby daddy. Please try to come back here monthly as you're a first time Mom, it will be quite hard for you" The Doctor advices. "Right, I will. Thank you"

Jia exits the room, walking in the hallway. Her head somewhere as she walk alone. How does she say this to Changkyun now? She don't even know how to break the news to him. He's the father. She just knew it. Jia wipes her a sweat away, looking up only to meet Kihyun who was at the registrar. "Woah. I didn't expect to see you here. You came from the....obstetrician? Jia?" Kihyun ask, realizing everything. Jia seal her lips, not speaking.

"It's Changkyun's, right?"

Jia seal her lips, nodding. "How long has it been? Uh..I heard from Jooheon. You guys separated" Kihyun regards. "A month. I found it out yesterday night. I was thinking if I want to keep it" She admits. "What? Why? I mean, it's your body so your choice but don't you think you have to ask Changkyun? He might want to keep it"

"You know Changkyun, he would love to be a Dad"

Changkyun sat in his Mom's office, his hand playing with the box of ring he was going to give Jia that night at the restaurant. He lose the opportunity as well as the future owner of the ring he bought with the first paycheck of his solo album. He gulps, facing the glass behind him as he throw his head back on the headrest of the swivel chair he's sitting on. "Why are you here?" His Mom enters the office, her heels clicking. "Who keeps going to the hospital these days?"

"Is that still on? I meant the employees having benefits to use the company's account for hospital check ups" He ask. "Oh it's Jia. Jia? Why would she be at the hospital?" His Mom sighs. Changkyun sat up at the mention of Jia. "Which doctor did she go to?" He ask. "That's confidential. The hospital don't provide that" His Mom replied. "They do. And it's not confidential"

"Obstetrician"

"Obstetrician?" He frowns. "Yes, she probably have problems with her female body. Nothing serious. I'm gonna go back to work" His Mom coldly respond, pushing him and sitting himself on the chair. "I've never heard of obstetrician" He calls. "Yes, because you're never interested in medicine and doctors."

"Just get back with Jia. Stop asking people about her"