𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Jia trail behind Lim Chaeyeon and Changkyun as they enter the house, Changkyun's house to be specific. She slowly move behind, still carrying the stuffs she bought. "Give it here" Changkyun softly grab the bag from her hand. "Let me use your bathroom, my son" Changkyun nods at his Mom. "You bought a lot?" Changkyun ask placing a hand on her lower back, Jia sighs circling her arm around his lower waist up to his shoulder as she try to show her reaction at the news she found out.

"You didn't tell me Lim Chaeyeon is your Mom"

She grip on the male's shoulder trying to show him what he's done. Changkyun chuckles pulling her body close to his. "I don't really go around advertising my Mom" The male grin. Jia sighs dropping her arm on his biceps. "I was embarrassed. I don't even know why" She mumbles. "There's nothing to be embarrassed about. She likes you" Changkyun replies assuring her. "That's not what I'm embarrassed about. I knew she likes me when she tries setting me up with her son"

"Now that I think about it, why did you refuse going on a date with me? You haven't even met me plus blind dates are a thing already back then" Changkyun raise a brow. "I don't know. I just...I rarely think about dating back then. Don't even try" She warns the male as she knew he's about to mention Minhyuk. "He's not the reason?"

"No, I don't know him yet back then"

"Changkyun, what do you think about me cutting my hair?" She beams. Changkyun raise a brow, staring at her. "How long are you cutting it? Cause trust me, I love your hair" Changkyun replies. "To my shoulder?" She ask. "That's too short" The male whines. "How about above the chest or just trim it?" Jia raise a brow, giving it a thought. She do think cutting her hair up to her shoulder but Changkyun has other opinion she can consider. "Sure"

"Show it to me, okay?"

...

Later the next day, Jia spend the morning at Changkyun's place getting ready for her interview. She simply put on a black turtle neck and a trouser. She put on a checkered blazer on top along with her shoes and purse. Just as she finish doing her make up, still sitting in the vanity, Changkyun stir in his sleep. "Why are you awake so early?" Changkyun yawns, stretching his limbs, still has no shirt like how he sleeps. "I have interview."

"Where? I'll drive you"

"To your Mom" She answers sitting on the bed while Changkyun sits up opening his phone. "Really?" The male replies. "Hey, you did not tell your Mom to give me a spot, did you?" She question. As much as she likes Changkyun helping her around, she cannot take it if he would use his connection so she could get in a company. "I tried but she said no" Changkyun admits. "Hey" She whines making Changkyun laughs. "I really did. She won't agree unless I model this new design of her"

"Anyway, good luck at the interview. I'm gonna shower quick and drive you."

...

Jia sat in the car, her phone on her hand while Changkyun drives in one hand, his other holding hers tight like he got no plan to let go. Jia scroll through her phone, finding it boring so she shut it close. "Were you texting someone?" Changkyun ask. Jia rolls her eyes opening her phone again and showing him she's on Instagram. "I was scrolling, Mr. Im"

Changkyun chuckles pulling over to Starbucks drive through. "What do you want? Hot or cold?" Changkyun ask. "Cold. Americano" She answers. The male nods saying their order at the speaker and driving front to pay. "You shouldn't go around wearing mask, you understand?" She ask remembering how Changkyun wants to dress before leaving the house. "Why not?" Changkyun replies taking out his card to pay for their coffee. "It's hideous. You have to dress casually like the rest to blend in."

"It's not my fault I look too good in casual clothes"

She don't know how to respond to that. First, he's too confident which is not bad, by the way. Second, it's true, he look good anything he wears. "Whatever. I wore what you told me to wear" Changkyun sighs handing her the cups of coffee which she accepts right away. Changkyun immediately drive off to his Mom's company after that.

Once they reach the company, they both exit the car still holding the coffee they bought on the way. "Uh I'll go in first" She calls. "Why not go together?" Changkyun ask out of confusion. "Uh let's not tell people first. In case I get in, I don't want people to think that I got in because of you, hm?" She explains. "That nonsense" Changkyun replies. She knew it, he won't be convince in just one explanation. "You don't want people to talk about me behind my back, right? I'll go in first then you follow"

"Fine. Do well. I'll wait for you, contact me"

...

Changkyun walk around the company, sighing as he feel so plain considering he's just wearing a plain white shirt along with his jeans. He feels so plain but he can't argue with Jia. She used to be his stylist. He trust her, anyway. He was walking quietly when he spot his Mom, along with the rest of the executive of the company. He sighs approaching his Mom. "Changkyun, you're here" Mr. Yang, a worker from his Mom greets.

"Hello" He bows. "Mom, why are you here? What about the interview?" He ask his Mother. "Seohee is there. She'll be fine. What brings you here?" His Mom reply. He open his mouth to say he's here because of Jia's interview but suddenly remembers what the female said at the parking lot. "To look at the clothes I'll be modelling?" He came up with an excuse. "I see. Here, let's go. I'll see you guys around"

Just like that, he's left alone with his Mom. "I know you're here because of Jia" His Mom chuckles as they walk alone together. "Yeah sure, she wanted to keep it a secret in the company in case she got in. She's afraid people will think she got in because of her connection" He shrugs sighing. "Then, should I pretend to not know her? I like Shin Jia"

"Of course you should. I don't want my girlfriend to miserably live. Starship terminated her contract out of nowhere but I'm glad it doesn't affect her so much" Changkyun sighs entering the room where his Mom has lead him to. "Can Jia take it? You know, working here?" His Mom replies, asking away. "I'm sure she can manage. I'll be here for a while anyway. I'm afraid I'm the only one worried between us" He respond, running his eyes all over the clothes displayed around the room. "Worried about what?"

"I don't want to be separated from her. Now that she'll be working at a office, what do I think about it? I'm scared" He admits, still browsing through the displayed clothes. "What's there to be scared about, my son?" Lim Chaeyeon respond. "A lot" He sighs sitting on top of the table as his Mom examined the clothes further. "But you know, I saw Jia's portfolio." His Mom states. "Yeah?"

"They're not that exquisite."

Changkyun froze on his spot. He has never seen Jia's portfolio but he never thought he'll hear that kind of sentence from his Mom. A world class designer and professional. "She's most likely to be drop. But like I said, my right hand has different opinion from me. Jia's design may not be good for me but it may be good for her." His Mom shrug. "Mom, please. Give Jia a spot. I don't care if I'm using my connection to get her in but please, give her a spot"

"Jia will be heart broken if she found out she got in because of connection not because of her skill"

"I know but she don't have to know" Changkyun reply without a hesitation. "I'll see what I can do. You seem to like Jia a lot. You know I was originally gonna set her up with your brother?" His Mom chuckles. "What? Thank God Jia did not agree" He heave a sigh of relief. "Why are you like this?"

Jia walk alone in the hallway, her hand loosely gripping on the identification card given to her. She wasn't really expecting herself to got in as her portfolio weren't as exquisite as it sound but she did got in and she's starting tomorrow right away. "Hey" Changkyun calls from the couch on the lobby. She wave back at the male before sprinting towards him. "How did it go?"

"I got in!"