𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

Exactly 4 days since Changkyun's controversy. Jia could not call it a controversy but people do. Maybe it's because amidst the upcoming promotion of his album such a thing happened. Since 4 days, Changkyun has not said a word nor his agency about the conflict. Changkyun wanted to tell the world he's with someone but Jia knew he shouldn't. He work so hard for his album, announcing he's in a relationship in between would not help his promotion.

Currently, Jia sits in the office. Her fingers unknowingly scrolling through the endless articles displayed beyond her. Yet her mind were somewhere else. Specifically, it's on Changkyun. "Mr. Im is in a relationship, isn't he?" Eunjeong approach her table. Jia hums looking up. "I mean, he's a hot guy, there's no way he's not hitting it with someone, right?" Eunjeong adds. That makes sense. "So what if he's with someone?"

"What do you mean? He shouldn't be. He's a figure of the public. The public owns him"

That was the most fucking stupid excuse she's ever heard. Jia wants to speak up for her man but she knew she couldn't. It will raise suspicion. "I mean, he's still a man. Fans may love him but it's still different from having one woman in his life" She claims, explaining her man's aide. "You're right. But why won't he confirm anything?" After that Eunjeong gasp, surprising and confusing her.

"Maybe it's him and Seohee?"

Jealousy strike in her at the mention of Changkyun and Seohee. "They know each other for so long and Ms. Chaeyeon loves Seohee. There might be chances that it's Seohee." Eunjeong concludes. "What are you two gossiping around?" Speaking of Seohee, there she goes. Walking towards them with much elegance and power. "No, we were just talking about Mr. Im probability of revealing his girlfriend" Seohee stiffen at that and the reaction came clear to Jia.

Is this what Changkyun always felt? When he's jealous, is this what he felt? Jia balled her fist, feeling angry and upset at the same time. Seohee reacts like that when someone mentions Changkyun. "Who do you think it is?" Seohee clears her throat. "I was actually thinking it might be you. He's all over you during the photo shoot" Jia frowns, anticipating Seohee's defense on that. "That's because we're close"

"So you're saying it might be you?" Eunjeong beams. "Stop it. Get back to work" Seohee snaps, avoiding the question and walking away. Jia grab her phone, exiting the office ignoring Eunjeong's call. She sprint to the lift, pressing the lobby as soon as she enters. She tap her foot impatiently watching the floor goes down.

Reaching the lobby, she look around for a certain man. She let out a breath spotting the familiar male she hasn't seen for a few months now. Lee Minhyuk stood there, with coffee on his hand. Dress in comfortable white cardigan, she fails to not notice how his body has gotten bigger. "Minhyuk" She calls, sending a message to Changkyun saying Minhyuk has arrive.

Minhyuk turn around, facing her. Jia gulps, holding her tears in. She miss Minhyuk so much. "Hey, uh coffee?" Minhyuk lift the bag. "Uh we should sit" She clears her throat sitting on the couch and across the male. "How are you these days? I mean, these past few months" Minhyuk rub his palm together. "Uh good. Me and Changkyun..." She starts the same time her phone sent a notification which she opens right away. It was a message from Changkyun he's on his way. "Let me start first."She nods, acknowledging why Minhyuk interrupted her. She knew he has a lot to say so she's letting him.

"I like you. I still do."

"I lied about having a girlfriend because I don't want to ruin what we have. We're so close, I know making our relationship to the next level may not work. That's why....that's why I did not take the risk" By the time Minhyuk stops, the corner of Jia's eyes were already building up tears which she held in. "I know it's stupid and I should have at least try but either way, I'll lose you. I don't want that." Minhyuk continues. "Minhyuk, do you realise how much time you wasted?"

"Just because you're scared? You're a coward"

"I know. I came to a realization that everything Kihyun has said was right. I shouldn't have wasted time, I should have took the chance and not let fear takes over me" Minhyuk sighs. "Me and Changkyun. We're together. Ever since you left, I've been living with him in his place" She broke the news. Minhyuk could not hide the pain in his emotion and Jia hate herself for hurting him. She never want to hurt him let alone see him hurt because of her.

"Uh...I don't know how to react" Minhyuk force out a chuckle to mask his pain yet it's very visible to Jia. "I...Changkyun want me to tell you. So here, I'm telling you" She let out a breath. "Was I too late?" Minhyuk finally ask. Jia stares at the male, she's currently going through a roller coaster ride of emotion. "Yes, you're too late. So late" Minhyuk force a smile, looking down and nodding. "Is he treating you well?"

"He treats me well."

"I hate it" Minhyuk mumbles, finally admitting it. "I hate that you got no bad thing to say about him. I hate that he treats you better and so damn well" The older continues. "Why?" Jia look up, that question did not come from her but from Changkyun who arrives just now. "Do you expect me to treat her...differently?" Changkyun questions. "No. I was just...I don't know." Minhyuk struggles to put up his words right. "Why do you hate that I'm treating Jia right?"

"Because if you do, I still have the chance to replace you"

"But you don't. So that made me hate myself more knowing you treat her better than I do. I hate it. I hate myself for wanting someone to treat Jia better yet I can't do it right." Minhyuk elaborates, softening Changkyun as well as Jia who's quietly watching them confront each other. "Hyung..." Changkyun calls out for his brother. Minhyuk sighs forcing a smile and nodding his head. "Don't hurt Jia."

"If you do, I'll steal her away from you. No matter how far you've gone"

Jia stood beside Changkyun as she watch Minhyuk enters his car but not forgetting to wave a goodbye and motioning her to drop the frown on her face. She shakes her head slowly, motioning the male she cannot smile like what he wants. "Hyung, I'll contact you. Let's have dinner tomorrow" Changkyun hums. "Alright. I'll see you around. You too Jia, stop frowning" Minhyuk scolds. "I'll go ahead"

Minhyuk shut the door of his car, sighing as he start the engine and drives off. Just as he maneuver away from the building, his tears fell and he's unable to stop it. He cannot stop the tears that's falling off of his eyes. He knew he will be late if he waited for 2 years but it's been only about 4 months yet a lot of things happens already. "You're back" Kihyun answers his calls. "Meet me. At the usual"

Minhyuk enters the room, approaching the bar where he spots Kihyun sitting alone. He occupy one stool, stealing the male's glass and chugging the whiskey. "Something happened" Kihyun calls. Minhyuk remain looking down on his glasses, pouring another shot of whiskey. "What did she say?" Kihyun ask. "They're together. Living together." He simply answers pushing his hair back. "See? This is why you should have told her before going to the army"

"Uh you should drink. Don't think about it much. You're out to enjoy holiday" Kihyun clears his throat pouring whiskey on his glass again. "You know what I hate? It's that I never got the chance to try confessing and showing her my feelings. It's my goddamn fault" He admits, swallowing the beverage like it doesn't contain alcohol. "There's no use blaming yourself now. You should move ahead"

"How can I? I like her the moment I saw her in that accident."

"3 whole years. I never look at other woman because I thought Jia is enough. And here I am, waited yet did not do anything. I lose the chance without even trying to risk anything" Minhyuk continues, letting out the hundred sighs he have. "I don't really know how to reply to that cause you know, I tried telling you off. I don't have any....gaslighting words for you. I cannot gaslight you, man" Minhyuk scoffs chuckling and drinking another glass. "Hold it with the drink. That will hit you like a fucking truck"

"I was excited to go out and this welcomes me"