18. This IS Happening

I went back to my suite wanting to take a small break so I could take all this in. I was actually doing this! I needed to contact my team members back in Mexico to let them know I was extending my trip indefinitely, but that I was going to be 100% available no matter what, I also called Aby and asked her to take care of Lana, my puppy, until further notice. That left me with a remaining call: My Dad.

— "Hello? Daddy?"

— "Hey bud! How are you? Are you back already?"

— "Uhmm, no Daddy, I did come along with the team for the remaining dates of the tour, I'm flying to Chicago, and in a couple of days we fly out to California; then we fly to Asia for the remaining dates. You see, they hired me as the crew's therapist, and they need me throughout all of the tour, you know, for the sake of the members. I mean, it's not mentally healthy to be switching therapists." — I hoped I sounded credible enough. — "I will text my sisters in the group chat telling them this exciting news, and eventually call them, ok? But can you also tell them for me, please? I will be quite busy from now on, I don't know when I'll be able to call them."

— "Oh... ok... so... that means you're not coming to visit me in June?" — I noticed his sad tone, and couldn't help to shed a tear.

— "No Daddy, I won't. But I promise I'll visit you soon, as soon as I get back to Mexico. I promise that as soon as I land I'll go and get Lana and jump in the car to drive right to you... I promise!"

— "Oh no bud, you don't have to do that! I can wait to whenever you have the right time to come, really! Isabella, I'm so happy for you! Please let's FaceTime someday soon, so I can see your smile, ok?"

— "Sure Daddy! Let me just get settled with all this and I will FaceTime you!"

— "Bud, I'm so happy for you! This is such a great experience for you, and you really need to get out of your routine in order to heal your heart. I'm so proud of you, you are strong, you are beautiful, you are smart, YOU ARE BRAVE... and you are my bud. Don't you ever forget whose daughter you are, ok?"

— "Daddy!!!" — I sobbed a little, then pulled myself back together to say goodbye. — "Thank you, Daddy! I am what I am because of you! Thank you!" — There was a brief silence, then I said goodbye. — "Daddy, I love you... por siempre. God bless you!"

— "Bye my bud, Dios te bendiga!" — and he hung up.

God! That was one of the hardest calls I ever made, I felt my Dad's sadness, I suddenly felt the weight of the years on him, his age, and the distance between us that was going to get much bigger as days would go by... I started crying, went to my bed, and curled up sobbing like a baby.

I woke up to the doorbell and realized it was already dark. Then I heard Yoongi's voice on the other side of the door

— "Bella... are you ok? Can I come in? Bella? Something wrong?"

— "Yoongi! Coming!" — I rushed to the door, fixing my clothes and hair, wiping my eyes, and getting a quick look in the mirror... I was a mess! I opened the door for Yoongi and let him in.

— "Ah nae Nabi, finally! It's been so hard for me to be away from you, but now I'm just fine." — He smiled at me as he grabbed my cheeks to kiss me. — "Jagi, what's wrong? Were you just crying?"

— "Oh, don't worry, I'm fine. I called my Dad a couple of hours ago, and well it kinda drained me emotionally. I guess I fell asleep for a long time, huh?"

— "Ah Nabi, you're so sweet and pure! I'm sorry if all this makes you sad for your Dad, I didn't know you were so close to him."

— "It's ok; we are close, indeed, but he knows I have a life that sometimes takes me far away from him." — I tried to smile to ease the moment. — "So, are we going to eat something or what? I'm hungry."

— "Well, that's why I came, let's have dinner with the staff, they want to get to know you! They said they are so happy to have somebody that will 'actually' listen to them," — He laughed at this and grabbed his forehead. — "I think I just put you in some deep shit with all this 'therapist' thing, I'm sorry!"

— "Sorry? Are you kidding me? Did you know I'm getting paid for this, 40% more than my monthly income? This couldn't have turned out better! I'm not going to be 'your groupie', I'm certainly not going to feel useless, and I sure won't get bored at all!"

— "I'm glad you're happy and satisfied with how things are getting handled. See? I told you I was going to come up with a good plan." — He looked so proud of this, that he couldn't hide his mocking smile.

— "Yes you did, and I couldn't be more happy. But please... let's go to eat!" — Suga laughed once again and led the way to meet the staff.

After dinner, we went out of the hotel for a cigarette with two more guys from the staff. The air felt so nice! I started to feel my heart and head at ease after these wild days, and it felt nice. Yoongi also looked so relaxed and satisfied, we both did. The members dismissed themselves and went back to the hotel. We turned to look at each other, smiled, and casually said at the same time

— "This IS happening!"

——————————————

A/N: I know this was a quite long chapter, but there is no way I can keep my dad out of this story. Let me make myself clear with this, I DON'T have "daddy issues", it's simply a close bond between us that grew stronger after my mom died; I've always been the "son" he didn't have, his support, the only one he could talk bluntly to; so, it really mattered to me how he felt.