Chapter 3 - Date check

I wash my hands, getting ready for dinner.

"Sarah! Hurry up before your brother eats up all the food", my Mom yells from down stairs.

"Okay!" I yell back, knowing my brother, Caleb, would eat all the food if I don't hurry. Even though he's only eight, he sure has a great appetite.

I rush down stairs and sit down next to my Dad.

"Anything interesting going on later tonight?" the guy who gave me his number yesterday pops up in my mind.

"Honey, leave her alone. She's blushing", my Mom answers for me.

Before I can protest my Brother begins to sings , "Sarah got a Boyfriend! Sarah got a boyfriend!"

I throw my napkin at him, "No I don't."

"Don't got to get defensive on us", my Dad says looking right at me. His eyes a silver-ish touch to it. His hair beginning to gray. I roll my eyes at him.

Later on once dinner was over, I'm starring at his number. I'm debating if I should call. I don't even know his name. I dial his number before I can think twice.

"Hello?" His voice is rich as if years of knowledge comes behind it, "Sarah?"

Confusion strikes me, " How do you know my name?" sounding more angry then I meant.

"I did my research", he sounded so innocent.

"What?" I was still confessed.

"No, no I mean. I..." there was a pause, "I'm sorry." He really did sound apologetic.

"May I have your name?" There was another a pause to the phone and for a second, that I thought he hung up.

"Zavior. And what do I owe the pleasure of this call?"

"You.... asked." I didn't know what else to say. It's as if he made my mind into mush.

"Would you like to go out with me sometime, Ms.Willing"

"It depends Mrs.Zavior," I say ignoring the fact that he knows my name. I'm usually the shy person. The one who sits in the back of the class with a book shoved in their face.

"Tomorrow, noon, where we first met. I'll bring a basket of food. Anything you like."

"Anything would do and I'd love to." I'm surprised by my own answer.

"Good. Great. At noon." He sounded excited and his voice has this husky part to it sending shivers through me.

"Kay. See you then." My cheeks were a flame. I had no idea what tomorrow be like, but I know I'll love it.