(Zavior's POV) Chapter 25 - Ally or foe

It took a little of convincing, but we finally got out of the house. It really helps being a high rank vampire. If I wasn't, I don't know where we would be. We changed into more comfy clothes. One, because we can't bring anything with us. Two, because we may need to fight and I we don't need our clothes to get in the way. I'll have to try and train Sarah to fight later.

When we're both set, we walk for about a block before stopping. Sarah's hair is in a pin tail and she's wearing these tight clothes that I wish I could take off. I shack my mind of dirty thoughts and pick her up.

Her face covers in shock of my action.

"I need you to hold on tight, alright?" I order.

She nods her head and holds me tighter. A dream come true, if it was under other circumstances.

"Here goes nothing." I say before zooming off.

••••

We made it 20 miles before I got to tried. It'll take us longer to get there with me carrying Sarah. I just wish she'll let me turn her. Everything would be so easy.

I found a cheep hotel, that had no sent of any vampires. It took me awhile, but I found one.

I look down at a sleeping Sarah. I bet she's cold. I hurry inside and get one I their nicest room. I only got one room, since I don't really sleep.

Setting her into the bed was a struggle to do gently. Who ever said we we're suave, lied. Maybe in fighting, yeah.

While I'm trying to set her down she wakes up.

"We're there?" She ask groggily. My eyes soften at how brave she is. Always ready for action.

"No not yet. Were just taking a break." I say softly.

"Oh good cause I'm hungry." She says while sitting up.

I look over at the time, 6:45 pm.

"I seen a pizza place, little over. It may still be open." I say.

Walking out the hotel that we're staying at - which is simply called hotel- we're blinded by the sun.

"Where are we?" Sarah ask.

"I can't say." I don't even know.

There are some vampires that have the ability to read minds, and the less they know the better. All I know is which direction I'm heading in.

Sarah looks at me confessed, but doesn't question. It's nice to know she trusts me. That or to put the puzzle piece together from what she gathered from the book and from our situation.

After a block and a half l, we finally get to the place. The place looks a little shady, but all the places around here do.

The place isn't much. Tile floors, booths, the theme is red I guess. Other than the black and white tiles, everything is red. We sit up on a stool, where we get a view of the kitchen. I'm glad they don't have a bar, so we don't have to see any drunks. We sat there is silence, not awkward silence but pleasant, and waited for a good 5 minutes till we got any service. I wont complain, it could have been worse. We decide, well she decides on a pepperoni pizza and a root beer. I just get a cup of water. Luckily I had something to eat before we left. I'll need to eat before the end of the trip, but I'll find a source. Being a high ranked vampire always has its good things.

Looking around I don't see it smell any vampires. There's just a group of teens in the corner, who look like their on drugs and a homeless guy sleeping at one of the tables.

Half the pizza is gone, within 10 minutes of having it. She can really put food away. Not that I'm complaining. At least the food is good here. That or she's really hungry.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I immediately now its a vampire by the smell. I tense up, quickly thinking of ways to get out without drawing much attention.

"You must be Zavior." The voice behind me says. I turn around to face him and he has this big grin on his face.

"And you are?" I ask, which gets Sarah's attention.

"What?" She ask quickly.

"I'm Alexander, but you guys can call me Alex." He has this big goofy grin on like there's nothing strange about this encounter.

He grabs a piece of pizza and sits next to me, as if we are long lost friends, uniting. I look him up and down and try and decipher if he is a threat or not. He has on basketball shorts and a muscle tee on. He look around our age, 15, 16. Short brown hair, brown eyes. Nothing of him seems like a threat, but I still don't trust.

"I'm Sarah." She says beside me, oblivious to the whole situation.

"I know." He smiles, which gives him dimples. Sarah smiles back, giving me this weird feeling. I don't want her to smile at him. I don't want him looking at her.

"What do you want?" I say rudely, which gets me a scowl from Sarah, which I ignore.

"I'm here to help." He says with that stupid grin of his.

"With your journey." He says strongly, which I already know sparks Sarah's curiosity.

I grab Sarah before she can do anything. I look over at this Alex guy, he's just sitting there eating her pizza. I don't know how he eats that stuff. He must of been turned into a vampire instead of born one.

"We'll be right back." I mumble and pull Sarah with me.

I take her outside, knowing that with all the nose around us he wont be able to hear us.

"Where are we going?" She questions.

"I don't know if we can trust him." I say honestly.

"He seems trust worthy." She says while looking inside, with a faint smile. That feeling grows inside me. She shouldn't be smiling at him. They shouldn't even look at each other.

"But how do we know." I say a bit harsh.

She looking at me funny.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. How about this. We'll give him a few days and if even gives us a hint of any trouble, we drop him." She says.

I can't argue with her.

"Fine, but he's your problem." I say before walking inside.

When we get to the table, he just about eat the whole pizza.

"Welcome to the team." Sarah says to him friendly.