(Zavior's POV) Chapter 39- Face to face with what you'd call the Devil

The picture up top was made by chrislyd. So I'm making a public thanks for her. Thank you!! :)

If you're in love with this book. Try out my newer book called 'A world of my own' and tell me what you think. Love you all! ☺💕

******************************************************************************

Now that I have all my memories, I know for sure that this isn't one of the test. This has Jeff's name all over it. It has to be.

No old lady can do that. I mean was she possessed. I mean she went crazy.

"She was a demon." Jackson states, answering my question.

After we killed that old la... Demon, we decided to keep walking. I have my arm around wrapped protectively around Sarah.

Ever since that... Thing has been killed Alex has been giving her weird looks. He keeps giving her side glances. Well, he's always done that. Now he's doing it more frequently now. He has a look of concern. He better start feeling concerned for himself, because I'll take off that dumb head of his. I know he hears me and he can feel all the feelings I feel, yet he's still acting dumb.

"A shapeshifting demon, to be exact." My brother, Jackson finishes.

Even though we've been walking for a good 3 minutes, our surroundings are still the same. Concrete walls and series of doors.

"We'll we ever get out?" Sarah ask in a whisper, as if she can't talk any louder.

I squeeze her shoulder, the one my arm is around.

I never seen her so vulnerable. Maybe its having to relive some of the memories and have to see a old lady go crazy on us. It can make you wonder, who can you really trust.

I should be trying to think things through. Like, what will happen after we get... If we get, the answers we want from the One? Where will Sarah go? Will I go back to my work?

I shake my head, still walking while holding Sarah.

I cant go there. Not yet. I may not have a heart, but i still have feelings. How else could I say 'I love you' to Sarah. If I go there, emotions will build up and I won't think clearly. I may even try and run away. Not caring if we get answers, but I can't do that to Sarah. I cant drag her along as if she's a rag doll, I care for her too much to do that.

One second I hear yelling....

"We cant let them get lose!" Someone yells, unable to classify them, I take ahold of Sarah in my arms. Protecting her.

Then next second I'm face to face with what you'd call the devil.

"I thought I gave you a warning." The one and only, Jeff states.

"Like I'd listen to you?" I spit back.

The way Sarah squirms around, I assume she's curious and would love to throw all of her questions out there. Her shyness must be in action provoking her from asking.

Jeff is a young looking guy, with dirty blond eyes. He has this crooked smile that seems to be permanently there. Stuck in this creepy position.

Don't let his looks fool you though. He's getting to be old (in human years).

I look down at Sarah in my arms -frighten- and back up to Jeff and back again, realizing that I've kept a secret from her. That I've kept something big from her. Something I may never want to tell her. It could be something that ruins our whole relationship. Everything.

I forcefully swallow the lump that has formed in my throat.

Jeff starts to laugh. A laugh I never want to hear again.

He starts to rub his chin, his crooked smile still on.

"I see." He says slowly. "So no ones told you the truth?" He tells Sarah, but stares up at me.

Sarah stays frozen in space.

Everyone seems to be frozen in space.

Alex who is slightly in front of me, but is against the wall to me left, is standing completely still.

Jackson is behind me, but I don't hear anything so he must be stuck in one place too.

It's as if we are all stuck in time.

With Zaviors and Alex ability to read minds, I bet they know everything that's going on. And I bet they know what Jeff is about to say.

"Your Uncle here will tell you everything." He starts.

I look down at Sarah afraid of her reaction. All that happens is her eyes widen.

I look up at Jeff, hatred filling me.

Behind Jeff is two of his puppets that I haven't notice till now. They're identical to each other. Both having bright red eyes, tanned muscled arms. They both have the same chiseled chin, noses are both bent to the right, in the middle.

Everything that Jeff's states goes right by head. I already know it all. The prophecy, Sarah's future. Sarah's real family. I knew that first day i went up to her, that i was suppose to. I didn't know everything right away. At first ,I just had this feeling like I was suppose to go up to. When I ask Greg to look her up, he found everything Jeff is stating right now. When I read over the papers fully, with this information, I was shocked and terrified. I had Sarah sleeping on the seat in my office and I seen how fragile she was and I knew I couldn't harm her. I couldn't get the words out and tell her.

"Now about your powers..." He states, grabbing my attention.

This is one thing that wasn't recorded. It just stated that she had powers. That was it. I've been wanting to know ever since.

"I have no idea what they are." He declares.

It was like he popped a balloon that had inflated inside of me and that balloon was filled with hope.

"But the One," he pauses to emphasize the moment, "your father..." He concludes.

Sarah gasp and begins to shake. She doesn't even try to deny any of this. None of us does. I would love to try and deny it all, but its like my tongue is permanently glued to my mouth, unable to move.

"Knows this special gift and I plan for him to tell me." He claps his hands together and then continues, " so I plan to take you-"

"Over my dead body." I hiss. Holding onto Sarah.

All he does is chuckle, as if I made a joke. I'm quite serious.

"That can easily be plan." He says, looking right to me.

He looks back at Sarah and I would really love to beat that smile off his face. It's just that he's born from a higher class. The only one who has some form of chance is Sarah, but she doesn't know how to use any of her powers.

"I see here, your little boyfriend is keeping secrets." Jeff states confidently.

I stiffen at his words.

He wouldn't say anything right?

Who am I kidding, of course he will.

"My sweet niece, Zavior already knew everything. " he continues.

Sarah some how gets out of my tight hold.

"And he's still wont say a word." He shakes his head and makes tisking noises.

Sarah's hands are balled up in a fist, her eyes a fiery red. Shaking down to the bone.

"Fuck all of you!" She yells, angry screaming throughout each word.

She turns and then at unkown incredible speeds, she's gone.