(Sarahs POV) - Chapter 6 - All it took was one phone call

I sat there in the same spot till about six. I didn't move, I couldn't move. I was so shocked by what I done, by how he just walked away. I tried telling myself it was for the better, looks aren't everything. That I don't need a boyfriend, but it didn't work.

The sun started to descend, and even though it's a Saturday, I know my family would worry. So I finally got up to leave.

Once I got home, I told my Mom that I was tired and headed up stairs to my room.

I just laid there, staring at the ceiling. I kept replaying what happened early today, trying to find out what I did wrong.

After awhile I begin to drift off to sleep. Right before I even fell asleep, my door pops open.

It's my Mom with the phone in her hand. Which is unusual since I don't really have any friends.

"It's some guy, named Zavior? Saying he wants to talk to you." she says

Shacking my head and reply, "Tell him I'm asleep." I'm embarrassed to talk to him.

My Mom puts the phone up to her ear and says, "I'm sorry. It's turns out she's sleeping."

What ever he said confused my Mom. Her face was all scrunched up. Then all of sudden she had a blank face and her eyes were glazed over.

She hands me the phone and walks right out and slams the door shut.

"Hello?" my voice was a few octaves too high.

"First off Sarah, let me apologizes. It was rude of me to walk off like that with no explanation." His voice sounded like he just got the wind knocked out of him.

"Why? Why did you walk off?" I ask. I usually held quiet, but for some reason I just had to ask.

"I...I'll tell you later. I actually have-"

"Actually have, what?" I interrupt.

"I'm sorry for what I done. I know you barely know me, but I plan to tell you everything. Just please come over to my place and I'll tell you."

I look over at the time - 7:30. "It's late."

"I know just please," he begged.

No guy ever begged for me to do something. I know he could be some rapist or some drug dealer who just wants sex, but all I say is, "yes."

He gives me directions to his place from mine. For some reason I ignore that he knows my address and head down stairs to leave.

When I finally reach the last step I see my Mom standing in the middle of the hallway staring of into space.

I tap her on the shoulder, "Mom?"

She jumps back in surprise, "Oh, it's you."

"Who else would it be?"

She looks as if she lost something and isn't sure what it is, with her eyebrows all scrunched up.

"Sweetie. The guy on the phone." I just nod my head. "I don't remember what he said, but don't trust him. Alright sweetie?"

I need my answers from him, so I tell my Mom "Okay. I won't." Which is partially true.

I told her that I'm going for a walk around the neighborhood and will be back soon. She simply nodded her head in response.

Getting there wasn't hard. It's just "his" place, looks like a church. I double check the address and it says it's correct.

I'm thinking of turning back around and going home. Then I think about how on the phone when he said "Everything", but everything about what? It couldn't have just been about how he walked off, he could have said that over the phone.

My curiosity gets the best of me and I go up to the door and knock.