(Zavior's POV) Chapter 31- Miniature

After hearing everything, I'm still not sure if it's all true. With Sarah being in a foul mood, I know I'm not in the position to argue. I didn't remember much of anything that happen. The last I remember before finding Sarah covered in blood is fighting a bunch of vampires. Then I remember something red and that was it. Jackson says that it was Scarlet, but I don't remember any Scarlet. ND I for sure don't have a ex, who has red hair. Not making a harsh comment to red haired girls. It's just I'd remember if I had a ex. The one and only girlfriend I had was as a kid, but it doesn't even count. I was five and it was encouraged by my dad. I don't think I'll actually believe any of this is when I get proof. I mean it's hard to believe that there are other supernatural beings out there. Alex agrees with them. Of course he does. He has his eyes all over Sarah. The little twerp.

We've been running for awhile now. I want to take a break and talk to Sarah. Alex is carrying her. I volunteered, but I got turned down. I beginning to wonder if this is how it feels to rejected. If I remember the stories right there are three test we have to go through to get to the One. They say we just past our last test. But I don't see how. It's all just a big blur to me. Let's just say everything on our 'first' test is completely erased out of my mind. I just don't see how I could have ignored Sarah.

I'm not understand our surroundings. It went from desert, to a forest. Sarah finally ask for a break. I can tell she didn't want to be the one to ask, but I knew if I ask for one she'd say she was fine. I already asked three times. They know it's not for me, all I've been doing was running. I haven't carried Sarah yet.

We stop at a small stream. It is really a nice scenery. With the trees of different colors, full of life. The sound of different animals, and the sound of the water rushing by. It all screams peace. The sad part is we're hungry. And are eventually going to have to eat. I usually like to now my food takes baths and is willing giving me its blood. But I too hungry to care.

"Well, I'm starving." Alex states first.

I'm glad he did, because I feel guilty even thinking about hurting an animal and having to tell Sarah.

"Yep. Me too." Jackson agrees.

I'm no sure if I should be strangling him for being with Sarah all the time or thanking him for making sure keeping her safe. I should be the one keep her safe and I've just failed.

I hesitate, wondering if I should stay with Sarah.

"I'll be fine. I ate before we left." She says, confirming she seen my hesitation.

I'm still hesitant. I'm not sure if she's lying or not. I'm not sure of much lately.

"Alright, I'm coming with." I shout and catch up with them.

We walk in awkward silence. I try and focus on eating then on how Sarah is.

"You just got to give her some time." Alex states, jumping me out of my thoughts and scary the crap out of me. Not that I'd mention that, although I'm pretty sure he already knows. With the whole being able to read thoughts.

"And how do you know?" I growl out. Sick and tried of hearing him talk, even though he just opened his mouth.

"Whoa, buddy. I'm just trying to help."

I mumble grumpy about how he knows nothing and he should keep to him self.

"I know -" He starts.

"You don't know shit!" I yell, interrupting.

"I know," he starts again calmly, " that you think I like Sarah, but I only see her as a friend." He states.

"Enough of the girl talk. I hear something." Jackson states rudely.

I ignore him and plan to take my angry out on my meal.

I listen careful and I suddenly hear something. It sounds like its running and like it sounds like it has small feet. It's heavy footed, so it has a lot of meat on it. I mentally drool at thought of draining it of all it's blood. It sounds like there's only one. I can't identify what it is, but I know if I want it. I have to get to it first.

We all sprint of, all having the same thought. Almost there I hear Alex and Jackson stop.

"Stop!" They yell at me.

I'm to focus one eating to care. Different ways to drain the little guy runs through my mind.

I grab it without looking at and take it back to them to show off.

When I get to them and see their strained faces, I finally look at my catch.

I look to see a a short person. Their face is really hideous. A long pointed nose, thick bushy eye brow (yes one), and a permanent smile. And what looks like a drape covering it's body.

I drop the thing quickly, without another thought. I would say I yelped, but that's not very manly.

I look over at Alex and Jackson to see them tying the thing to a tree. They must to know what to do with the whole mind reading thing.

Once they fully got it tied to a tree, I see that they used a long piece of ivy.

"What the hell is that?!" I yell.

"A dwarf. They're nasty critters. They're full of mischief." Jackson answers, earning him a hiss from the.. Um, dwarf.

"Does it talk?" I ask curious.

" Yea. It can speak any language you want. It favors it's own though." Jackson clarifies.

The dwarf moves around, trying to get out.

"Oh, you wont be getting out of that. Scouts honor." Alex promises, making me wonder what his past was like. Then wondering, made me think of Sarah and what she maybe doing.

Screams fills our ears, painfully. Already knowing who it is, I run off with Alex and Jackson still on my trail.

"Don't leave me here!" A deep voice yells from the dwarfs body. I ignore him and continue to run.

***********************************************************************************************************

I know I left you on a cliff hanger here, but I'm curious guys. What type of Ex's have you had? How did they end?