(Zavior's POV) Chapter 24 - No time for talk

I'm not sure if I made the right decision of coming back, but I know that it would have been bad to have just left her like this. I didn't leave right away and when I heard her softly crying, it broke the heart that I should have. I was about 12 miles away, when I turned around. It's about 30 miles to the mountains, which is where I want to go.

They say to get to the One, you'd have to go through several obstacles that can end in life and death. I'm going to tell her in the morning, which I hope will change her mind.

I look down to see her peacefully asleep. I'd say she's the angel that'll save my demons, but that just sounds corny. It seems true though. We'd have to leave soon, but I know she really wanted to see her family, so if she still wants to go, I'll give her till Monday. School is another thing. It may help my case with making her stay here.

I don't know what I'd do if she died.

••••

Sarah slowly wakes up ad automatically looks up at me, a smile growing when she sees me. With my arms around her, I give her a gentle squeeze making her smile grow even bigger.

"Hey sleepy head." I greet.

"Hey." She says while sipping the sleep out of her eyes.

Looking at her so peaceful makes me remember how much she is in danger.

"I know it's early, but can we talk?" I ask.

"We kind of already are, but sure." She teases.

"I serious." I state, which makes her sit up and fully look at me. "It just that when we leave there-"

"Not this again. I thought I made my point clear." She sighs. "I'm coming with you no matter what." She states slowly.

"Listen to me. It just that, where we're going is really dangerous. To get to the One, there will be obstacles that will end in life or death. It's all to see if we're worthy enough to see the One." I state.

"Who's this One guy?" She ask. She's drawing little patterns on my leg. Which would turn me on, f we weren't talking about something that could kill her.

"He's the most powerful vampire. The oldest, too. He knows everything about vampires and humans. He has all the answers." I answer.

"I don't get why I can't go." She says.

"I can't risk you dying." I state honestly.

"If I stay or go, I'll always be in danger."

She has a point with that. I don't think I can argue with her any more. I need to get some more ways to prove my point. I can't let her die.

"I better go get ready, before your parents wake up." I say.

"Kay." She says. Her eyes are far off, as if she's lost in thought.

"I love you." I state, which gets her full attention.

"I love you, too." She's says, right before I leave to go back to my room.

••••

We're all eating breakfast, now. I told Sarah that I "talked" to her parents, but I'm still iffy on letting her go. Of course I'm not eating. I just put a little good on my plate and when no ones looking, I'd slip it onto Sarah's plate. It was easier last night, but I guess mornings aren't any bodies thing. So they haven't been paying attention, other than Sarah of course. She may not talk a lot, but she's always watching. She's like a wallflower.

"So mom, about next week..." She drifts off, as if hoping her mom will fill it in.

Her mom springs up at the voice of her daughter talking, which makes me miss my mom but I just brush it off like always.

"Oh yes. We're going to miss you dearly. I hope you enjoy you're time with Zaviors parents." Her mom happily fills in.

Sarah's whole face lights up with curiosity and surprise.

"And school..." Sarah says, drifting off again.

"It's perfect timing really. With it being spring break." Her mom fills in.

"Oh yeah. It was all planned out perfectly." Sarah says. She's not bad actor.

She looks at me for confirmation. I simply nod my head.

••••

After breakfast we all went outside since it was such a nice day. They have a pretty nice yard. Simple, yet homie. They have a little garden in the corner, with various of vegetables and a flowers. A basketball hoop and a container full of different kind of sporting goods. Mostly different kinds of footballs, though.

About 15 minutes into a basketball game, only the guys are playing, I see my brother on top of the fence. When we made eye contact, he disappeared before anyone could see.

"I'll be right back." I pass the to Sarah's brother and walk as humanly fast, out of there.

Before I even get to the front door l, I know Sarah is behind me.

"What's wrong?" She questions.

She grabs hold of my arm, trying to get ahold of my attention. I still haven't came up with a good excuse for her not to come on this "trip" and to stay home. Looking down at her curious eyes makes me automatically know I wont be able to change her mind.

"Jackson's here." I state. I don't like to call him my brother.

We used to be really close when we we're kids, but that was when we both thought our dad was great. That was before I found out the truth. Before he disappeared. I always told Jackson the truth on how our dad was, but he never believed me. It just made this big line between us. He started to hate me. I couldn't do anything, so I just gave into it. There are points when he helps, like now. That's because I said he could be free to do as he please as long as he helps me when ever I ask. Which is very little. This is the first time actually asked him for help.

Sarah and I, both walk out the door to find my brother standing there.

"What is it?" I ask rudely, knowing what he has to say isn't good.

"I thought you may like to know that Jeff knows your plans. So if I we're you, I'd take Sarah and get the hell out of here." He states.

It's moments like this that I wonder if he still cares for me. Without saying anything, I turn around and grab Sarah, so we can get this show on the road.

"A thanks would have been nice." My brother mumbles where only I can hear.