(Sarah's POV) Chapter 18- Short recovery

Before I even open my eyes, I get a smell of something sweet, like brownies. I open my eyes to realize I'm In a plain room, with no decoration. I'm lying in a bed, with a light blue wool blanket covering me. There's a window next to the bed, showing a view of a beautiful back yard, all perfectly manicured . On the other side of me are a bunch of wires and machines you see in hospitals.

I finally try and get up, but a sharp pain in my back makes me lie back down. Looking around, I don't see anything to help me get up.

Before I finally decide on yelling for help, the door swings open and Zavior comes in. I'd say it was an angel, but I think that's a little over the top. Still when ever I see him, he puts butterflies in my stomach. The way he stares at me with his baby blues, I think he knows what Im thinking.

"How are you feeling?" He ask, he's voice filled with concern. He steps in further into the room.

I try and raise my head to get a good look at him, but the pain comes back.

"Hungry." I state with a giggle.

Why I giggled, I have no idea. He must of gave me some type of medicine to make me act funny. I look at Zavior again, he had no shirt on.

"Wow did it get hot in here or what?" I say groggily.

"Is this heaven?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"I have a doctor here for you and he just gave you medicine to help the pain. I'm guessing its kicking in and I believe they gave you tad to bit." He states.

What ever he just said isn't really sticking to my brain. All I see is him coming closer stating how beautiful I am.

"Aw. Thanks, but your the hottie." I state, dumbly.

Zavior begins to slowly walk out the door.

"No. Where are you going. We just started!" I say.

"I'll be back. I'm going to go get the doctor. Now get some sleep, okay." He answers.

"Oh, okay." I say dreamily.

Right when I closed my eyes, I snoozed off.

••••

I wake up again to the sound of yelling.

"You gave her to much. Aren't you suppose to have a Ph.D. or something! People with some sort of brains don't over drug someone." Zavior yells.

"I'm sorry sir, but she must ha-" I hear.

I try and rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"Hello?" I mumble.

The door opens right away and in comes Zavior and with what looks like a doctor, behind him. Zavior has a crinkled blue shirt, with dark blue jeans. The doctor behind him has on what all doctors wear, with a tried face to match it. It seems like they both got hit by a car, but Zavior is red in the cheeks while the doctor looks completely pale. Like he seen a ghost.

"You finally decided to wake up, sleepy head?" Zavior jokes with me, and then glares at the doctor.

"What happen?" I ask.

The look on Zaviors face brings everything back. The last thing I remember was the bright light when I jumped out the window. I look down to see if anything is broken, but I don't feel any pain.

"How'd I get here?" I question again. "The last thing I remember was when I jumped out the window."

"You jumped out the window?" Emotions cross Zaviors face. From scared, to hurt, to angry, back to calm. "Why don't you tell us what happened after that son of bitch took you." Zavior subjects.

I tell him all the way up to me jumping out the window. Expressions cross both of their face, but they were mostly shocked. I told him how he said he want to just "play".

"I thought for sure I'd die. I didn't want to stay and be tortured by that freak. I mean.. You should of see him..." Tries fill my eye, as the realization of how close to death I was.

Zavior sits me up slowly and then hugs me, calming me.

"You got lucky that I was there to catch you." Zavior states, with a small smile. He tells me how he found ma and how I ended up here.

"Doctor says you should be good as new by tomorrow.." He declares, staring into my eyes.

Even with him holding me, I still couldn't shack the weird feeling how this whole situation isn't normal, or at least should happen.

"But why did that vampire act like that?" I ask, saying out loud what I'm thinking.