(Zavior's POV) Chapter 41 - Greetings One

I try and keep my emotions from my face as we keep on the run. The surroundings becoming a blur to me. I should have known that it was a bad idea to keep it from her. It's just that the idea of hurting her, pains me. Physically. But my plan failed and I still ended up hurting her. I'd give myself a facepalm right now, but since I still have Sarah in my arms, I can't. I dont (and never will) want to drop her.

Were almost there. As in we're almost at Sarah's fathers house.

I feel like a jerk. I'm beginning to wonder who's worst. Me or Sarah's uncle. That just sounds weird. I prefer Jeff.

A killer is what I would love to call him. You'd think that he'd stop after killing my.... I mean, how could he just kill people and still have that fucking smile on his face.

I look down at Sarah in my arms. She has her eyes closed. Her head away from me. On the here most of the time she would stare at me. Smile at me. I just want one kiss.

I shake my head. I'm being an idiot. She just found out I lied to her. Why would she want to kiss me, let alone talk to me.

"Lets take a break." Jackson states.

I stop abruptly with everyone else and finally look around at our surroundings.

It's mainly grass. Dead to fully alive. There is a tree about half a mile from us, to our left. But it seems to be dead. The sky is a mixture of purple, blue, pink, and a very little green and yellow. The sun is setting and the wind is lightly blowing.

I'm assuming that we are either taking a break before we climb to the top of the mountain or we're taking a break to collect ourselves before we finally reach our destination. I think its the latter. The entrance is at the top of the mountain, but we can make it without breaking a sweat.

Sarah jumps out my arms. So fast, you'd think I was on fire.

She walks about four wards away from me and everyone else and stares off at the sunset.

I just stare at her. Wondering. What could be going through her mind right now. All the hurt she must be going through.

I need to go to her. I need to make her feel better. I need her. I need-

"Man, you need to chill and give her space." I hear someone beside me.

I look to my right, to were I hear the voice had came from and all I get is Alexander.

Great. This guy. I mentally roll my eyes.

I look off to Sarah. Her hair is lightly being brushed back by the wind. Her face is calm, yet her eyes tell another story. She seems like she's staring at he sunset, but she has this faraway look.

Would she like Alexander better than me? He seems like a great guy, although I really don't like him. He doesn't seem like a monster. Does she see me as a monster? Would she leave me for him?

" I'd never take her from you and she would never leave you." Alexander states.

Shit. I forgot he can read minds.

"Just give her some space." He suggest, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I jerk my shoulder, making him drop his hand.

"What do I look like! I'm not some fucking charity case!" I shout at him, finally breaking.

Rage fills me. My monster side..

No. I can't let it out.

Its tough being a vampire. Especially when you get angry. If you don't manage it well, then hell from inside of you will raise. Since I was born a vampire, I was given more time to manage it.

I take deep breaths, trying to calm myself.

"Don't -" I start to growl out, but I'm stopped by a piercing scream.

I look to Sarah first, just out of instinct.

It's as if my worst nightmare is happening.

Sarah is on the the floor, screaming out in pain. Her hair is covering her face. Her back is raising and falling dramatically with each breath.

I run over to her in less than a second, placing my hands on her shoulder.

Her screams stop, but her heavy breathing continues.

I stare at her perplexed, unsure of what to do.

"Get off." She deeply growls.

I take my hands off her and slowly walk backwards, hands still raised.

I stare at her cautiously, still unsure of what to do.

Out of nowhere, viens sprout out of the ground a foot in front of Sarah. First each one is individual, then they slowly twine together. As it continues, I begin to realize that its a tree. Of what kind, I'm not sure yet.

The tree finally grows to its highest point, fully green and carrying peaches all over it.

Alexander walks past me and plucks one off and hands it to Sarah.

"Eat." He orders.

Now I know for sure that this is jealousy surging through me.

Well how sweet is this. They should just fucking get married.

"We should get going." My brother states beside me, pointing his head to where the sun is about to completely disappear.

I look back at Sarah, who has tossed the remaining of her peach and is now getting into Alexander's arms. He puts his mouth near her ear and whispers something. Her eyes widen, yet a small smile creeps on her face.

Shit! They should just fucking make out, for Christ sakes!

"Lets go!" My brother fully orders then takes off, with Alexander and Sarah trailing behind.

I grumble a bunch of cuss words and then finally join the rest, sticking to the back.

Finally making it to the top, Jackson is already knocking on the door with the heavy looking handle. The reason why the door is at the top is because he wants to stay as hidden as possible. The outer area is nothing like the inside. Or at least that's what I hear. Legion states, that very few made it alive and was able to see the inside.

The door is all wood, but is engraved with the names of the powerful ones who once lived here.

Jackson reaches for the door handle, to knock again.

Before he can reach it, the door slowly creaks open.

*********************************************************************************

I'm curious. The thing states that 4% of my readers are male. If you are one of the 4%, say 'I'. :)