(Zaviors POV) Chapter14 - Hopes

I keep staring at Sarah, wondering what her powers possibly could be. She hasn't blown anything up yet. Hasn't hurt anyone. All though I can never actually see Sarah hurting anyone. Even though she did punch me once, I did deserve that.

Looking at her now, across the table from me still amazes me. This all still feels like a dream. Nothing like when I started this job. I thought I'd be stuck in my office or in a meeting for the rest of my life.

Sarah looks at me with a ghost of a smile.

"You know jealousy doesn't really suit you," I tease.

"I'm not jealous." She scoffs. I know she's lying. I don't think I've ever met anyone who could lie as bad as her.

"Not even a little?" I proceed.

She turns her head to the window, to cover up that she's blushing. She lightens like a christmas tree. A cute one at that.

I cover her hands on the table with mine. Before I can even say anything, she pulls her hands away from mine and hides them under the table.

"You know -" I try to protest.

she looks at me with her fierce eyes.

"I can't." She simply states.

"what if-" I try again.

"At least not until I get answers." And with that she looks bake out the widow, but this time she completely lost in thought.