•nine•

I woke with a jump as the bus rolled into reverse and the back up alarms started buzzing. Austin pulled me tighter to him and rubbed my back.

"Go back to sleep baby, just parking. Sorry it scared you." He whispered.

I stretched and kissed his jaw, his beard tickling my face as I rolled over on my side and Austin curled behind me, placing his arm around me and cupping my breast in his hand, like he held me the night before. It felt so good in his arms, something about it was just so calming. I wasn't used to affection like this, Colton hated when we even touched at night. Said he couldn't sleep with me "hanging all over him". Most nights he slept on the couch anyway, unless he wanted sex. Even then he was never in bed when I woke up the next morning. I realized how much I had craved something I never had before. It made me sad, laying here in Austin's arms felt nothing like anything I had with Colton, and i settled for that for so many years. Was this how things should feel? The goosebumps on my neck that form with each of his slow breaths on my shoulder, the way my tummy flips every time he smiles at me? How do I know this isn't just the excitement making me feel this way? This feels nothing like how it felt when I ran away with Colton. I was scared out of my mind, cried half the way to our new house and didn't sleep for days once we got there. The only thing I feel laying here with Austin is peace and a happiness I haven't felt in a really long time. I drew a shaky deep breath and sighed, relaxing into his arms and closing my eyes.

"What's on your mind sweetheart?" Austin whispered, placing a kiss in the crook of my neck.

"A lot.. nothing bad, I promise.. Just lot.. I'm fine baby. Let's sleep." I reached behind me and ran my fingers through the curls at his neck.

"I slept better last night than I have in so long I can't remember. Something about having you in my arms makes it so much easier. I hope it feels as good to you as it does me..." he trailed off with a yawn.

"It does Austin. I can honestly say I've never felt better than I do right now." I pulled his hand from my breast and brought it to my lips, kissing his knuckles before placing back where I found it. Austin giggled and squeezed me.

"Sweet dreams baby..." he whispered as he gave me another kiss on the neck and we settled into each other.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke to Austin kissing along my shoulder brushing my hair out of my face, I was laying on my stomach, his hands running along my back and hip.

"I was going to grab us some coffee, maybe a bite to eat. You be ok here or do you want to come with me? I'm just going inside to catering." Austin asked between his kisses.

"I'll be fine here, I need a shower..." I yawned and rolled over facing him and pulling his face to mine giving him a kiss. "What time is it anyway?" The blinds were still drawn and it was still dark in the bedroom.

"It's almost noon. I have a few things I have to do before sound check at 4. Dre will be over here around 1  to shuffle me around for a bit. I'll be back quick. Promise." Austin stood and went to walk out the door of the bedroom.

"Does this shower work like a regular shower Mr FancyPants?" I laughed as I got out of the bed, stretching and yawning.

"Yes it does smartass.. come give me another kiss Mamí." He smiled at me, making my head swim. I walked over to him and stood on my tiptoes wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled me close to him wrapping me in his arms and kissed me slowly and gently.

"I'll be right back baby.." he gave my ass a squeeze as he slipped out the door closing it behind him.

I went into the bathroom, if you didn't know better you would be hard pressed to realize it was on a bus. Gorgeous tile lined the walls with a double sink and a tiled shower.  I rummaged around and found a towel and laid it out on the counter and opened the shower door and turned on the water waiting for it to get hot.