•forty four•

Well, I am astoundingly horrible at COD, and every other first person shooter game Austin has thrown at me. I get too distracted and just want to run around looking at everything. I've died within seconds and never even shot my gun. Austin is extremely disappointed and is currently contemplating his life choices with his gamer buddies. His friends are hilarious and their lighthearted jokes on my behalf are extremely accurate and funny. I am terrible and they all refuse to allow me to play anymore. Austin has decided it's his goal to reform me and use me like some sort of weird success story and have me come back in a few weeks and run the tables on them all. I think he has lofty goals.

I'm currently laid out on my back on the large black leather sofa in his cave trying to bring my very neglected island back to its former glory on Animal Crossing. The weeds have taken over, I have roaches in every room of my house and Ketchup AND Bluebear are threatening to leave. Austin doesn't understand my concern at this point. At least Leif is visiting and I can make some bells off these damn weeds. You will get your damn money Mr Nook, shut up already.

Austin is randomly screaming curses and things that would make a sailor blush as he bangs around on his controller and occasionally paces the floor. Not sure how this is relaxing to him. I giggle at his outbursts and he has given me a death stare several times, it just makes me laugh harder.

I dropped my switch to my chest and stretched, starfish style and groaned. I sat up and put my game down and started gathering up our empty beer cans and I grabbed Austin's overflowing ashtray, dumping it into my almost empty one. I kissed him on the head and walked out to the kitchen to dump everything and grab us a couple more drinks. I walked back down the hall to his cave but stopped before I walked back in, listening to him through the partially open door.

"I know man... she's way out of my fucking league, you don't have to remind me."

I heard his chair swivel and groan as he leaned back in it. "She would kill me if she knows I told y'all.. but.." I heard the chair groan again and I stepped back from the door, positive he was trying to make sure I wasn't close enough to hear. "I asked her to marry me...." I heard whoops and yells coming from his headset from this far away. I slapped my hand over my mouth to keep my giggle from bubbling out. "Fuck you Evan! She said yes you asshole.... No. No. No.. Stop getting so loud. It was spur of the moment and she won't let me buy her a ring yet, so we aren't REALLY engaged, so she says anyway..."

I leaned against the wall and grinned. His excitement was cute, even though I was slightly nervous that he was actually telling his friends about this... but they are some of his closest friends, he trusts them and I couldn't be mad at something so damn adorable.

"Nah man... this is her timeline. I'm not going to surprise her with a ring. That tiny little woman has seen some shit, been through some shit I can't even think about... worse man, there's a prick out there that has a bullet with his goddamn name on it, waitin'... if it were up to me I would marry her tonight, but she deserves more than that and I know her too well... I love her though, more than she will ever be able to understand, I'll wait as long as I need too... hell yes I am Trav and fucking proud of it. She had me whipped the first time I saw her. You just wait till you get hit with it. Never in my life have I looked at a woman and the first thought that crossed my mind was she's gonna have my fucking babies one day... well hell yes that fucking terrified me, but damn.. it's more than I could have ever asked for....that's the shit I'm dealing with man... laugh all you want... tell him Evan, you and Kim have a whole house full of kids.... Mmhmmm yep.... Told you so Trav... it will hit you one day...she's settling me down and I fucking love it. She makes me want to hang this life up man... are you kidding with that question? Hands down, zero comparison, never in my life has it ever been as good as it is with her." I felt myself start to blush, knowing exactly what that question was without hearing it. "I don't know.... being here with her, family shit, she wants a whole ass farm. That shit sounds a lot better than partying 24/7 and busting my balls for everyone other than me..."