•fifty four•

Austin had gotten us back to the house, forced a disgruntled Britt into the garage for a bath and pulled out his grill, getting it warm for our teriyaki chicken I had marinating since this morning. He had bounced in the house, kicking his muddy crocs off on the porch and ducked into the shower while I busied myself in the kitchen with the rest of dinner. He came back out not long after, rubbing his wet hair with a towel. I had to laugh at him and his kitten pajamas, I hadn't realized he had brought them. He had the shirt unbuttoned and I dried my hands on a dish towel, tossing it on the counter and running my hands up along his ribs under the silk fabric. I wrapped my arms around him and pressed a kiss between his pecs, he smelled warm and clean and delicious.

"Sorry I showered without you Mami, she got me so damn dirty giving her a bath. She was mad because a bath means she's done for the day. She's not allowed back out in the woods until morning." He chuckled, dipping his head and kissing my temple.

"I'm pretty bummed really, I can count on my hands how many solo showers I have had since I met you. And most of those are only because the shower on the bus is way too fucking small." I smirked at him dancing my fingers up his back. "I forgive you, but only if you let me get one after dinner. I feel gross too."

"Please, for the love of god, damn dirty ass hippie..." he said pulling me off of him and looking down at me, slightly disgusted.

"Austin Post! Take this damn chicken and get out of my kitchen. Now! Out!" I fussed, laughing and swatting at him with my dish towel as I handed him the container of chicken and a set of tongs. "I'll bring you a clean plate in a minute. Asshole.."

He stuck his tongue out at me and winked as he backed out the door and walked out to the grill.

We ate dinner on the deck, and he was right, the sunset was absolutely stunning and I might have taken a dozen photos trying to capture it for future reference.

Austin shooed me out of the kitchen after we ate, refusing to let me help him clean up, saying he was keeping his end of the bargain and sent me off to the shower. When I stepped out and dried off, I had the first thought to just go looking for him stark naked, but the man really really loves lingerie, sometimes I'm convinced he likes me in lace more than he does nude.. and there was a certain set he's packed in my bags 3 times now that I havent worn. I think he's trying to give me a hint.

It was a soft creamy yellow mesh babydoll with a matching g string. There were tiny ruffles along all the edges and cute dainty pastel flowers embroidered onto the top. It tied between my breasts with a small yellow ribbon and had a slit from the bottom of the flowy top to the ribbon holding it closed. I spent a little extra time putting on some subtle makeup, smoothing out the waves in my hair just how he likes it and dabbed a tiny bit of my Daisy perfume behind my ears. When I was satisfied I stepped out of the bedroom to look for him.

The house was empty, the dishwasher humming away in the kitchen that he had cleaned up. I peeked out the back glass door and he wasn't on the porch where our two wine glasses from dinner still sat, both still half full. I screwed up my lips, confused as to where he could have slipped off too. As I stood there thinking I saw the top of his head along the edge of the porch, walking across the rock patio below it. There he is... I watched him for a moment, cigarette hanging loosely from his lips as he padded barefoot across the rock with Britt at his heels. He was carrying an armload of firewood to the firepit, stacking it carefully, crouched down in front of it. Fuck, everything he does is sexy. I stood for a second longer as I saw a tiny trail of smoke start from the stack of wood in front of him.

I slid the door open and called for him.

"Want me to bring down our glasses baby?"

"Please sweetheart. I was just about to come get them... sit by the fire with me? I know it's the middle of the fucking summer but it can get a little chilly up here at night. I don't want you to get cold.." he turned around and looked my direction. Slowly raising to his feet when he saw me coming down the stairs. He kept his eyes glued on me as I walked towards him, handing him his glass and standing on my tiptoes, leaning into him slightly as I pressed a kiss to his cheek and pulled away. Dragging my fingers down his chest and walking over to where he had pulled two of the chairs closer to the fire, his guitar propped against one of them and his little notebook perched on the arm. It was just beginning to get dark and the light from the fire reflecting off his shocked face was dramatic. I had to give him a soft giggle as he stood looking at me as I sat in one of the chairs curling my legs under me. He had literal flames in his eyes as I just looked at him casually and blinked.