•sixty five•

Austin froze as soon as he walked through the door and kicked his shoes off. I bounced off his back with a squeak as he reached behind himself and caught me.

"Dear god I think she killed him...." He breathed.

I peeped around him and started laughing. Kenna was on a chair ripping off balloons we had taped up along the mantle and was volleyball style launching them towards Leah on the other side of the room. Leah was holding a knife and there were scraps of latex balloons in plies at her feet. She caught the balloon that had floated to her, squealed excitedly and aggressively stabbed it with a loud pop. She giggled and called out for another one.

"Who decided she needed a knife?!" Austin yelled across the house. Clint, Adam and Eli all three popped out of the kitchen pointing at Kenna. They all looked terrified.

"It's like handing a toddler a loaded gun Austin. I don't think I've ever been so scared for my life." Adam said cowering behind Eli.

"You're her brother. Go take it from her!" Clint begged, nudging Eli with his elbow.

"You are her boyfriend!!! You think I'm safe because I'm her brother??" He laughed nervously. "That just makes me a bigger target!"

"But I'm statistically more likely to be killed by her than you are!!!!!" Clint countered.

"My god you all are ridiculous. Lee... give me the knife, you are scaring the menfolk..." I said walking to her and sticking out my hand.

"2 more!!!" She whined. "There's only 2 more and you can have it. I swear... unless Smitty is back... is he back? I thought I heard someone before you guys came in." She laughed and craned her neck around looking for him with a sick grin on her face.

"Nope... not yet.." I lied directly to her face with a sigh.

"I think he's headed straight to the airport actually." Austin said, glancing at me.

She stabbed another balloon and sighed, disappointed. Kenna launched the last one at her and she grabbed it from midair, let out a whoop and stabbed it. She gave me the cutest little grin and handed me the knife. There was a collective sigh of relief from the peanut gallery in the kitchen.

"I think your true calling is a hostage negotiator Sara, not an artist..." Clint said. "Can we all just make it a hard rule that Leah is not ever allowed to have weapons?? Please?" He said as she walked up to him and gave him a wicked smile.

"Oh baby... anything can be a weapon if you try heard enough..." she batted her eyes and patted his cheek as he swallowed hard and looked like he might cry. I busted out laughing. She's such drama.

"Lee I don't know how you haven't managed to scare that poor man off yet." Kenna said laughing as she came into the kitchen as well, finishing off her glass of wine and pulling the bottle out of the fridge. The boys all groaned and looked green again as the alcohol glugged into her glass.

"Oh god... I can smell it from here. I think I'm gonna be sick.." Eli said, turning pale and quickly walking out. The other two followed him looking just as pale. Austin laughed and shook his head at them as Clint broke out in a cold sweat and turned down the hall to their bedroom with poor Leah was right on his heels.

"Nice work with that lie you two." Kenna said laughing. "I ran into him in the hall when he came in. He just sulked past me." She rolled her eyes.

"Leah is just talking shit guys. I promise you she is. She's all bark and zero bite. Unless he actually provoked her, she wouldn't make a real scene." I looked over to Austin who definitely understood what I meant by that statement. "She will absolutely call him a sack of shit, but she's not as wild as she sounds."