•thirteen•

For the second time in a row I was jerked awake by the buzzing backup alarms on the bus. I groaned as I realized what had startled me and Austin let out a sleepy laugh.

"I would say you will get used to it, but you won't..." his soft raspy morning voice felt like velvet on my skin. I had rolled over at some point in our few hours of sleep and I was draped across his chest. I pressed my lips against his skin and relaxed back into his arms.

"Please tell me your surprise can wait.." I mumbled into his chest. Rubbing my palm up and down his ribs.

"Yes baby, I'm not ready to move yet..." he kissed my head and wrapped his arms around me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I rolled over, my mouth was so dry I felt like I had been lost in the desert for days. My eyes were even dry. My head, thankfully, was only slightly pounding, nothing a handful of Advil and a strong cup of coffee couldn't fix. I had no idea if we were alone on the bus, it was quiet but Scott and Kerry were both very good at being quiet and discreet. The first clothes I found were Austin's discarded black tee shirt and boxers on the floor. Damn, they really are Versace, I giggled to myself as I pulled them on. Just needing something to cover myself as I went on a water run. Austin was still fast asleep, snoring softly, laying on his stomach, one hand under his pillow and head, the other almost dangling off the side of the bed, a bare foot peeking from under the covers. I quietly slid open the door to the bedroom, thankfully to an empty bus. All the windows covered by shades, it still was dark and cool in the small kitchen area. I grabbed 2 bottles of water and both Austin's boots and my heels from the floor, bringing them back to the bedroom with me. It was nearly 2pm but I was desperately trying to let Austin get as much sleep as he could. I opened my water bottle and drank it down like it was nectar from the gods. My parched throat feeling instantly better. I put both bottles on the vanity and walked to the bathroom. Digging through my medicine bag I took 4 Advil and my other meds as I sat on the toilet. I really needed a shower, I have no idea what our plans were or what this surprise was all about. I finished in the bathroom and decided to tidy up the bedroom area, our clothes from last night, other than Austin's I was wearing, were scattered in piles on the floor. Along with a couple of our empty beer cans and water bottles, the half full ashtrays on both sides of the bed. It was a mess.

I found a laundry bag, I have no idea how we get laundry actually done, but since Kenna had an identical bag back at the AirB&B full of clean laundry, I assumed this is where they needed to go for now. I gathered our things, tossing them in the bag as I padded around the room and the bathroom. I placed the bag by the door and gathered our trash and ashtrays, sliding the door open and dumping it in the trash.

I washed up the handful of silverware and cups in the tiny sink, and wiped down the small counter. I started poking around in the kitchen finding a Kurig in a cabinet containing I bunch of different types of coffee, sweetener and syrups. I found a cup and popped a pod in the coffee maker and switched it on. I opened the small refrigerated drawers and found a brand new bottle of creamer. My coffee was done and steaming, the smell hitting my nostrils as I took a deep breath of the addicting smell. I stirred my coffee and sat down on the couch, deciding I should text Leah.

Hey sis. Miss you. Love you.

Wondering when I would hear from you today. Miss you too sis. Have a late night? 🤣

You can say that. I didn't go to sleep until almost 8 this morning.

EIGHT?! Damn Sara. Riding that night train.. 🍆💦

Hush. We were at a club most of the night. Got real drunk. Had a Waffle House picnic. It was a great night Leah. I'm falling for him.

Are you sure? I know it's been over a year but Post Malone is a hell of a rebound sis