•forty five•

It was dark, too dark to really see where I was but I knew instantly and I didn't want to be here. Anywhere but here. This wasn't safe, and being alone wasn't a good idea. Why did I came here? How did I get here? And why the fuck did I come here alone? I kept walking even though I knew I shouldn't but my feet wouldn't stop taking me closer to the cabin at the end of the gravel road. I could hear it crunching under my bare feet. Wait. Why are my feet bare? Where is Austin and why did he let me go here alone? He wouldn't have just let me come here alone.

He's in trouble. It suddenly hit me. That's why I'm here, barefoot on this godforsaken dirt road. I have to find him before they do, get us both out of here. I don't know the woods here well but I know we aren't far from the main road. If I can just find him and get us there I can get us home. I told him not to come here. Not to start anything with them, but he has and if I can't find him... my stomach seized with worry and I started running. The faster and harder I ran it seemed like the lights from the cabin kept getting further away. My feet were raw and felt like they were being cut by the gravels under them but I had to get there. I had to get to him and get him out of here before something happened. I looked down at my feet and they are as shredded as they feel. Leaving bloody footprints on the sharp rocks behind me. But now they are in front of me too. Oh god no... no.. no.. I can't be too late. Please god don't let me be too late.

My whole body flinched and came to a jerking stop when I heard the gun go off. It felt like I was going to vomit, my feet suddenly wouldn't move at all. The same force that had them moving without me wanting them too now had me rooted in place unable to move no matter how hard I tried. I just started screaming. Screaming for Austin, not caring if they heard me. If they had found him and that shot was because of it then let them find me too. I have to get to him but my fucking feet won't move no matter how hard I try to pull them from the ground. My head is full of my own screams for him, he's dead. I know he is. I can feel it. I can't breathe. I'm keep screaming his name over and over. Please god don't let it be true.

Suddenly I heard his voice and I froze. He's not dead. But he needs me. He's scared. I can hear it in his voice, I have to find him. He sounds so close but I can't find him in this dark, in the woods that have closed up around me. He's here, but where. He needs me. I have to find him. I can't leave him here.

"Sara? Baby? Wake up baby...." his hands are on my face and my eyes sprung open. Oh thank god. Thank fucking god. It was a dream.

I gasped for breath and felt the wetness of tears on my cheeks. I grabbed him and pulled myself into his chest taking deep breaths of him warm scent, shaking in his arms as I finally came completely out of my nightmare. He held me tightly to his chest, soothing me and running circles on my back like he does. I felt myself finally relax and my sobs eased off. He's ok. I'm ok. It was just a dream.

"I've got you baby, I got you. It was a dream baby. I love you sweetheart. You are ok.. I'm not gonna let anything hurt you baby. Take a deep breath." He kissed the top of my head over and over, rocking me slightly in his arms and humming calming words into my hair.

"I couldn't find you. And you needed me, they had found you and I heard the gun go off and I couldn't... I couldn't get to you in time. I tried so hard but there was already blood on the ground and I couldn't.." I started crying again, but realizing in the back of my mind how slightly ridiculous this was. It's a dream you weirdo.

"Who baby? Who had me? Where were you?" He said softly. "I'm ok baby, you found me. I'm ok sweetheart.." he said trying to calm me down.

"At their place. Colton's grandfathers land, where their hunting cabin is. I was trying to get to you because I knew if they found you they would kill you. I was running down the road trying to get to you but I wasn't getting anywhere. My feet were bleeding from running in the gravels but there was blood on the road in front of me too. I heard the shot and my feet wouldn't move anymore. I could hear you calling for me, you were so scared and I couldn't find you in the dark..." I sniffled into his chest. Still trembling, it scared me so badly.