•thirty four•

I always hated mornings, they were loud and bright, always pulling me from my sleep, which was the one place I never wanted to leave. They always come way too soon, spoiling the coziness of the night way before I was ready.

Now it's my favorite time of the day, waking up to kisses on my neck, or fingers trailing down my spine. Rolling over and placing kisses of my own on perfect pink lips or sexy inked hands and arms. It's warm and quiet, the few peaceful moments before whatever the day has to offer.

Morning takes on a whole different meaning when you are in this world. Morning for the last two weeks has been anywhere from 5am until 2pm on a couple of glorious days. Morning isn't a time before noon on a clock anymore, it's whenever you wake up.

The past two weeks have been a blur. Austin had appearances, interviews, photo shoots, meet and greets, a full day of shooting a commercial all on top of the shows and after show events. I haven't had more than a handful of hours alone with him a day in over a week, and that's counting the hours that we have slept, which granted hasn't been many. Austin is running on pure adrenaline at this point, at least I'm pretty sure he has to be. He's good at it though, which is the sad part of all of it. He's never complained, his fuse has never shortened. He's still appreciative and patient to every fan who stops him, even after his longest days. But he's done, I can see it in his face at night when he finally gets in bed beside me. Not a single person he has met, worked with or preformed for would ever know though... he loves every second of all this. His smile and energy are always sincere, and he still has that same post show glow as the first night we met, but the poor man is dead on his feet.

There are only two more shows and one more ride on this bus before he gets to go home. He has a show in Portland tonight, we drive to Seattle after and have a day off before the final show. Two more nights in a hotel before he gets to sleep in his own bed and I'm sure he's counting down the hours in his head. Im just excited to put my feet down somewhere and stay there for more than 48 hours, especially with him. I miss him like crazy even though I was currently curled into his arms while his soft breath tickles the nape of my neck.

Morning is my favorite time of day because it's always just us, thankfully most days we are able to spend at least an hour or longer uninterrupted before he's whisked away for whatever his day has in store for him. On a couple of occasions it has been only a few stolen sleepy kisses and words when he had an early morning call time for the commercial, the morning after a show and an after party appearance until 3 the night before or the morning he had to drive 3 hours away to do a photo shoot... those days were the worst. He did morning interviews from bed more often than not, only a couple times he had to leave because he either got too distracted or once i apparently snored too loud, which I know is a lie because I've never snored in my life.

But this morning was different, and I was ecstatic about it. The only place he needed to be until we were home was on stage. No more interviews or meetings, no meet and greets or photo ops. He was finally reaching the finish line and it showed.

Last night after the show we had gotten to the bus at midnight. The earliest we have been able to end his day in well over a week. I made grilled cheese sandwiches in the tiny kitchen and we watched The Office until Austin fell asleep.... as the bus was moving and before I did. For a few minutes I was worried to death he was sick, this man definitely had the flu or Covid or something because he has never fallen asleep like that before. I stayed up fretting for at least an hour, gently touching his cheeks for a sign of a fever or a cold sweat, waiting for a cough or a sniffle to appear, but it never did. He woke up when we parked and laughed at me asking if he was feeling ok and threatening him with a thermometer I had dug out of the depths of my travel bag. He convinced me he was just tired and we both slept like rocks after that.